Pull Magazine Letters Page

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have emailed Pull and they say the letter was sent to HQ first to see if they wishes to respond.

I have spoken to two Directors who had not seen the letter at all until it appeared in Pull magazine.

So who???? I ask again.......is running some sort of agenda .....which is set against members who turned out on a very bad day (snow etc) to discuss and listen to the points about the resolution put forward. The forward from the CEO mentioning Machiavelli was quite bizarre as well.

Having now read the letter, as someone who did not attend, but has followed he many posts on ShootClay it reads as if dictated by the incumbent management. Though hopefully going forward this will also lead to more dialogue and openness on the subjects well before the EGM

Although it needs to be pointed out that it is almost certainly NOT dictated by the incumbent management.

Although you feel it might look that way, possibly because Sarah Daly might agree with the incumbent management, that does not make it so.

Pull magazine is now just a sanitised propaganda tool for the CPSA. I have written the Kent write up for nearly two years now and have enjoyed doing it, however I am now seriously considering giving it up as I don't like the biased content contained in other sections of the magazine.
Pull is the magazine of the CPSA and you're suprised that it mirrors the thinking of the current CPSA board.... Please tell us whose propaganda it should spout, BASC's, FITASC's the ISSF.  It's like buying a magazine entitled "Jaguar Owner" and complaining that all the articles were about Jaguars!!

Mr Potter

Pull is the magazine of the CPSA and you're suprised that it mirrors the thinking of the current CPSA board.... Please tell us whose propaganda it should spout, BASC's, FITASC's the ISSF.  It's like buying a magazine entitled "Jaguar Owner" and complaining that all the articles were about Jaguars!!

Mr Potter
Oh that is so easy to answer..... 

BRITISH SHOOTING.

Nicola,

I sincerely hope that you are joking about British Shooting?

I think that the PULL magazine is a very costly to the membership magazine. Much of the content can be  and is found in other shooting magazines.

Vic Harker and Michael Yardley often revamp their articles and submit them to numerous magazines. The cartridge tests can be found in other guises in Clay Shooter & Clay Shooting. So really all we need is a quarterly report from The CEO and Simon Barber in any of the shooting journals.

Fixtures already appear in Clay Shooting.

The Letters page is good but it is noticable how rarely does it print anything anti association which of course would always have the right of reply.

Now down to brass tacks, do we need FITASC, UK Sport ,Sport England ,  British Shooting , BICTSF, NRA, NSRA , SCTA, WCTA, Ulster CPSA , etc, etc, ????

If we pruned a few of those away like good pruning the product would probably flourish and grow.

I know who British Shooting is but who created it and why?

FITASC we have to co-operate with but we do not need to be dictated to by them, SCTA, WCTA etc., only came about because of the Horlicks CPSA were making of everything that they touched, but recently SCTA staggered. A thorough clear out of the differing factions and an elected body made up of people with a proven track record of efficiency on behalf of the sport duly elected by the membership would mend our sport within a relatively short space of time.

Now it is all very well you thinking here he goes again, but I really am passionate about my sport and I will be blowed if I am going to stand by and watch it ruined by some of the goings on.

There are a number of CPSA employees who post on here and I thank them, dealing with them by email or telephone is always a pleasure, they are keen, efficient  and enthusiastic.

But the Board and the CEO seem to have agendas that they are not keen to divulge to Regions or the membership. 

Sorry but should have also stated in earlier post that whenever I've contacted CPSA offices my enquiry has always been acknowledged and dealt with quickly and with a friendly touch.

Sorry but should have also stated in earlier post that whenever I've contacted CPSA offices my enquiry has always been acknowledged and dealt with quickly and with a friendly touch.
The staff are always great and they do a hard job.

Now down to brass tacks, do we need FITASC, UK Sport ,Sport England ,  British Shooting , BICTSF, NRA, NSRA , SCTA, WCTA, Ulster CPSA , etc, etc, ????

If we pruned a few of those away like good pruning the product would probably flourish and grow.

I know who British Shooting is but who created it and why?

FITASC we have to co-operate with but we do not need to be dictated to by them,
Salopian,

Can't make much of considered reply to this as I don't know what the"Mission Statement" is for any of them.  What I do know is that I'd be surprised (shocked to be more accurate) if a single one of them would "fall on their sword" for the good of UK shooting. 

As for being dictated to by FITASC, well considering they are the rule makers for 4 major disciplines I should hope we are being dictated to.  I'm shooting FITASC Sporting at the weekend, think I'll shoot it gun up I'm not having some continentals dictating to me about gun position!!

Mr Potter

Andy, ( Mr. Potter)

Good points, FITASC do make the rules for International disciplines that they govern and of course we will follow those rules.

What I was referring to is that the CPSA are the officially sanctioned association to administer clay shooting in England, but for reasons that escape me they have lost their grip and seem to allow other organisations to sprout up and interfere. For instance,when and where did British Shooting spring from?

Also why is Nick Fellows and Bungling Bobbitt so hell bent on getting us signed up to other organisations? What for? Why? and at what cost?

Andy, ( Mr. Potter)

Good points, FITASC do make the rules for International disciplines that they govern and of course we will follow those rules.

What I was referring to is that the CPSA are the officially sanctioned association to administer clay shooting in England, but for reasons that escape me they have lost their grip and seem to allow other organisations to sprout up and interfere. For instance,when and where did British Shooting spring from?

Also why is Nick Fellows and Bungling Bobbitt so hell bent on getting us signed up to other organisations? What for? Why? and at what cost?
I can answer the one about cost as it was in the CPSA accounts, it was £11,896.00. When I asked which organisations this was being paid to I received a very vague answer which basically told me nothing, so perhaps a few others on here would like to ask the same question.

I agree with what has been said about the Head Office staff with one exception who shall remain nameless. I have now sent this individual 2 e mails, one with some information that I thought would be of interest and help to him, the other enquiring about a possible forthcoming event. I have so far not received a reply to either.

Last edited by a moderator:
The staff are always great and they do a hard job.
Yes Nic, the CPSA staff have always been first class as far as I'm concerned, even going back to the days when they operated from that little place over in Essex!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back