Prescription shooting glasses

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter.W-T

I am now "at that age" according to the optician where I should accept the fact that I need to wear glasses pretty much all the time.As I currently take off my glasses and replace them with normal shooting glasses when I shoot I am probably working at a disadvantage.Does anybody have any experience of getting shooting glasses made up with prescription lenses to cater for astigmatism?I generally use yellow lenses and would be happy to continue with that.I have seen the glasses that fit over your normal specs or have clip on attachments and I dont really fancy all that hardware sitting on my nose ! Just a decent pair of glasses that are safe and help me see properly.Many thanksPeter

Peter - I'm just going through this EXACT exercise - bad eyes, astigmatism - just refreshed my prescription this weekend and am working with an optometrist to find the right specs, at the right price for shooting. Give me an email - and I'll send you the details of the guy I am speaking to - might help.

This is the same as me. I have had prescription Oakley flak jackets made up and they are brilliant! Used them or variations of them for years.

Before I had my eyes lasered, I used the clip on prescription frames, think they were Top Gun, or may have been Napier. They fitted on the nose piece behind the tinted lens. Must say that I found them very good, it was about £20.00 for the extra frame, and a further £20.00 for the lenses to be fitted by an online optometrist, based on my prescrition at the time. They didn't get in the way, and I wasn't aware that I was wearing them. Still got the clip on bit somewhere, happy to let you have them if you wanted to give them a try. You'd have to get the lenses changed of course, glasses2you.com did a very good (and cheap) service. Having said all that, having the laser treatment was the best thing I ever did after nearly forty years of wearing glasses.

I wear the pilla posts with the prescription insert, I think they are very good and I only have to change the prescription which seems to be changing more frequently as I get on a bit I may look into laser treatment but its a bit too expensive at the moment

Hi Peter- got mine through west country guns. Would recommend them to anyone; brilliant service. Not sure if they can get prescriptions now or not though. I'm tempted by the lazer idea as I really look a tit in specs.

I'm squeamish about touching my eye! Weird coming from someone who has handled his own intestines!

EdSolomons said:

I'm squeamish about touching my eye! Weird coming from someone who has handled his own intestines!
I quite like this forum ! How did we get from the mundane subject of glasses to handling your own intestines ? fantastic/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

shootclay admin said:

Peter - I'm just going through this EXACT exercise - bad eyes, astigmatism - just refreshed my prescription this weekend and am working with an optometrist to find the right specs, at the right price for shooting.Give me an email - and I'll send you the details of the guy I am speaking to - might help.
Matt - did you get the email that I sent yesterday ?Not sure if I used the best address ?

Yes - and I replied... check your spam filter, but I will resend.

Back