Pilla Puma - any experience?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I changed my original pre Pilla ones which had a U shaped bit of wire  :???: , a friend was throwing away a £5 pair of sunglasses and the removable nose bridge part slipped in a treat, they look similar to ips's ones he's selling so it's doable.
Thank you for that Hammie.   W.

Has anyone had the nose bridge piece changed on any Pilla lenses  ?   I have 2 lenses which have the small black horseshoe variety bridge, one of which, the plastic coating on one end has cracked. I would like to get them changed to the later and slightly larger bridge. (similar to the style that is fitted to the ips variety 'for sale' on here)
Contact Pilla, I have sent stuff to them in the past to be repaired / retrofitted and they have done it for nowt + Shipping basically.

I changed my original pre Pilla ones which had a U shaped bit of wire  :???: , a friend was throwing away a £5 pair of sunglasses and the removable nose bridge part slipped in a treat, they look similar to ips's ones he's selling so it's doable.
Well, I took up your suggestion this morning and went up to the market in town, I spent over 2 hours looking at ALL of the sunglasses on a stand there. The little rotund stallholder was in a right tizz, he was shouting and gesticulating, but being deaf and not understanding very much, in fact none at all,  of his native tongue, I'm sure he felt I was ignoring him on purpose.  Anyway after searching every pair of sunglasses, I could find none that were suitable.  I was walking back to the car park when I spotted a small, privately owned Opticians. I thought, nothing ventured etc., and went in. The Gentleman owner could not have been more helpful. He looked at the 2 different bridge designs (the earlier and the current variety), went into the rear of the shop and came back out with an identical nose piece, of the type that is fitted on the current range of Pilla lenses.  He fitted it whilst I waited and offered me the frames and lens back to try, after some minor adjustments they were spot on. I left the second lens there to be fitted the same. It is going to cost me £20 when I pick them up, but I felt that it was worthwhile. (no risk of postage etc.)  So all is well that ends well. Thank you once more for your input and if you know of anyone that may be looking, I have 147 pairs of sunglasses for sale at £5 each  ! 

Well, I took up your suggestion this morning and went up to the market in town, I spent over 2 hours looking at ALL of the sunglasses on a stand there. The little rotund stallholder was in a right tizz, he was shouting and gesticulating, but being deaf and not understanding very much, in fact none at all,  of his native tongue, I'm sure he felt I was ignoring him on purpose.  Anyway after searching every pair of sunglasses, I could find none that were suitable.  I was walking back to the car park when I spotted a small, privately owned Opticians. I thought, nothing ventured etc., and went in. The Gentleman owner could not have been more helpful. He looked at the 2 different bridge designs (the earlier and the current variety), went into the rear of the shop and came back out with an identical nose piece, of the type that is fitted on the current range of Pilla lenses.  He fitted it whilst I waited and offered me the frames and lens back to try, after some minor adjustments they were spot on. I left the second lens there to be fitted the same. It is going to cost me £20 when I pick them up, but I felt that it was worthwhile. (no risk of postage etc.)  So all is well that ends well. Thank you once more for your input and if you know of anyone that may be looking, I have 147 pairs of sunglasses for sale at £5 each  ! 
Might be worth going back with a nosepiece and asking if he has a set of pillas round the back that he can fit to them for £20.....

;-)

After purchasing a set of pillas  I had a very strange problem I could hit left to right clays with ease at any distance but Right to left clays were a big problem It took six months before I found out it was a balance problem. 

My wallet weight had changed considerably.

Back