Opinions please.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried the DT11 yet?
Was that for me Les if so yes tried one at a demo day very nice and considering I was using a Dt10 at the time I felt it was an improvement on an already proven gun.

Whats your honest opinion?

Was that for me Les if so yes tried one at a demo day very nice and considering I was using a Dt10 at the time I felt it was an improvement on an already proven gun.

Whats your honest opinion?
No mate is was aimed at the OP. But anyway I too had a DT10 for several years and to be honest I'm not really sure that the DT11 is actually any better mate, in spite of all the hype! Balance and handling may be a tad better, but not greatly so. As for these new fangled tubes, well I can honestly say that my old 3800 gets kills equally as good and its 23 years old! So the DT11 is good, but the DT10 is no worse, but that's just my opinion, others may disagree of course.

Hi Les the newer styling of the DT11 and the 692 just don't appeal, however a black actioned DT10 X would certainly take my interest, however finding one local to me to handle has been difficult. I would like to see an RF1 in the flesh looks good.

" thats when the fight started "

Have a look at the SC3 Perazzi on E J Churchill,

Get something that puts a smile on your face - an old Perazzi won't lose money will shoot as well as you want it to

Got a K80 32" step rib Multi choke trap your welcome to try out for a bit if you can get to sporting targets over next month.

Got a K80 32" step rib Multi choke trap your welcome to try out for a bit if you can get to sporting targets over next month.
Thanks Ed would like to get up to Sporting Targets again, will pm if I can make it.

SimonB,

As you can see, lots of opinions.

Buy what floats your boat, not what we would want to force upon you.

I recently nearly bought a very desirable gun (to some) off a friend who wanted to change to a different model.

He tried to convince me that the gun for sale was a dream purchase. I didn't buy it and he sold it to someone else.

When I saw him last week we got talking and his guard slipped.

How glad he was to get rid of that piece of junk, it had ruined his scores and he was never comfortable with it, so glad it is sold and gone.

THANKS MATE! was all I thought.

SimonB,

As you can see, lots of opinions.

Buy what floats your boat, not what we would want to force upon you.
+1 Pete. Actually I was over at Mulliner Guns this morning, Ian and Rob Mulliner both use K80's and Ian is a Keighoff dealer. Well he has a new black action K80 Supertrap over there, nice wood too, I could have possibly fallen in love with it.......until I put my glasses on and saw the price!!! A gorgeous looking bit of kit, god only knows how it would shoot, but at that price I was not even going to attempt to find out!! :laugh:

Would be interested to know why your changing guns? It's always nice to own a special gun but it won't always improve your shooting ability! So for that sort of money I would suggest you well and truly try before you buy as it can be an expensive mistake as many on this forum would agree.

Do your homework and don't rush into anything blind, have a go days are good especially if you can get someone like Ed to advise and help choose what suits your style and aspirations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get yourself down to Chris Potter in Tunbridge Wells. He has a fantastic array of new and second hand Perazzi.  Nuff said.

DT

I am changing guns as my Beretta is getting long in the tooth and has never really fitted and I am getting gun envy from all the shiny metal on show around me. Sometimes you just need a change it's not exactly an impulse buy as I have had the old 682 for nearly 20 years.

however a black actioned DT10 X would certainly take my interest,
I cannot be bothered to risk a reply about the DT10X as I haven't the time to fight off all the thin skinned folk who may have one, or anyone who just wont be told by someone who knows. But do a search and you can read my evaluation on this gun on a few threads. Ignore the early attempts on some of them to tell me I am talking cack as you will see eventually I am vindicated.

Or if you cant be bothered to search but want a "proper" opinion based on "fact" then pm me and I will give you my review from personal experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well looks like the dream gun has to take a back seat as the good lady wife might be made redundant soon. Back to soldering on with the trusty Beretta, thanks for everyone's opinions. P.S. I had sort of made my mind up and had my eye on a Perazzi mx2000/3. :p :D

Back