Oil for the action

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
copperslip.....   thats the way forward,

gun wont wear, coz you will forever be trying to clean the stuff off hands, clothes etc  and not have time left to shoot.....

coppersiip on the pin yes but nowhere else

There are a variety of Silicone lubricants but a lot of them cause metal to metal surfaces to rip them selves apart. WD40 wont do that but a lot of people come out with stories that it removes bluing etc. I have never seen this but I dont use on guns my self. Browning Legia for me with a bit of moly grease on the hinge pins.

Max i have used wd40 on the barrels for twenty plus years never seen any effect to the blueing

I've used WD40 on guns since it was invented and my Dad, aerospace industry, brought home a promo freebie can.  We read the label where it says "Not A Lube" kinda thing and never used it for one.

If it damages blue it does it real slow like cuz  I ain't seen it yet and at least one of the guns in the safe has been around the family for longer than WD40

Last edited by a moderator:
I used WD40 on Beretta semi-auto shotguns for twenty several years as both a cleaner and lubricant without any problems of either a mechanical or cosmetic nature.

The guns were cleaned weekly with the excess WD40 blown off using an air compressor so there was never any chance of the WD40 going sticky as some people claim that it does.

Vic.

on a purely technical basis NOTHING smells better than young's 303.... WD40 is therefore inferior ?

5dae40df-2b40-4bc3-9dfe-e711435da34.jpg

on a purely technical basis NOTHING smells better than young's  ?

Latest posts

Back