Notice of CPSA Extraordinary Meeting !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Timeline from CPSA Website re Articles of Association Consultation.

July 2013 –          Week commencing 1st July: Discuss feedback from first stage of consultation with lawyer and re-draft as appropriate. Completed

Week commencing 8th July – publish to all members via website; send to regional committees as latest draft. Completed

23rd July – Board resolution needed to call an Extraordinary General Meeting

28th July – deadline for final comments

August 2013 –   Final comments collated, reviewed and advice taken

From 2nd August – final draft produced ready for publishing to members; copy distributed with Pull! magazine September edition

Date of EGM advertised

September –     Distribution of voting forms to all members

October –           EGM (date and venue to be determined) to vote on the adoption of new Articles

Has the final draft of the Articles been published?

I got the latest Pull magazine today in which are enclosed the latest and final set of Articles to be voted upon.  Had a quick look and there is no change to the directors now voting amongst themselves to appoint a chairman.  I don't expect to see many changes despite all the consultation and feedback as they know what they want and are relying on the silent majority to vote them in.  The CEO has devoted his editorial to saying that they are now wonderful and have had loads of changes.  It will need some time for me to see how much they have changed from the original draft. 

To save people looking up the link this is what it says:-

Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting

This meeting will be held on Saturday, October 19th 2013 at 2:00pm.

Venue:-
The Holiday Inn Hotel, Crick, Northampton, NN6 7XR (M1 Junction 18)

Agenda:-
To vote on the special resolution to amend the CPSA Articles of Association.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why only a vote for the New Articles. What happen to Finishing of the the General meeting we never had any other Business at the last meeting. Ho I see they don't want any flack given to them. Like just do as we say with no answering back. Treating us all like school kids. Just because they want to have more power than they all ready have. Good name for Mr. N. fellows Teflon Nick. I have a better one for Mr. T. Bobbett but could not possible put it on hear. Wake up shooters. Before its too late.????

Well I am sure everyone must have heard of    ' Tricky Nicky '.

But this is a new one on me ' Non-stick Nick '.

So having done my very best to read through the final draft today enclosed in Pull magazine i have come to the following conclusions.

i). They made no significant changes to the Articles based upon the feedback they got.

ii). No revelation of which other "sports" bodies are using these EXACT articles successfully.

iii). No clue as to whom they used for advice upon formulating the articles or opportunity to contact them to discuss.

iv). They chose to seemingly ignore the consultation process with the regions and counties

v). The huge amount of "gumppf" in this issue in pull dedicated to this shows to me a desperation to get these articles passed ASAP and coupled with the inability of of the CPSA to offer a neutral viewpoint gives me the heebeejeebies.

While i believe its not unusual to have a council / committee vote on their own chairperson and this as a single issue is not a deal breaker it suddenly becomes one when tied in with the area's of the articles which COULD give the CPSA board the opportunity to wrap up the control of the association for themselves forever more. I was fairly neutral till today when having a chance to sit down with a piece of paper in my hand and read the full articles in my own time and manner - now i am not neutral for certain.

It is up to US the members (ALL 22,000 of us) to retain full and proper control of OUR association. Not this board or any future board should be able to take voting rights away from the people who elected them.

This silent majority element is kinda spooky too.....

if they are silent then they didn't vote - that does not mean approval. You cannot get elected if no-one voted for (or against) you - surely its a re-vote till there is a majority decision?

Maybe there is a case for with a director position that they HAVE to achieve a certain % of members votes (either for or against) to get onto the board as a full director with full voting rights? - In other words enough people care about them to make a decision. Maybe this will make them get out there and speak to shooters and try to engage them. Maybe this would stop people walking onto a board unopposed and voted on by a handful of mates suddenly getting power in our association.  

Problem is getting any directors as nobody wants to do it other than those that it seems we don't want and can't get rid!

The silent majority refers to those that don't participate in any meaningful way like competitions etc.  If they take the opportunity to vote on a prepaid proxy form in favour of the chairman then we're doomed!

Robert that is exactly what they are hoping for. As they have no other chance of getting what the so desperately want one man in particular Mr. T. Bobbett

Interestingly.....but expected......they have not allowed 'balance' ......no one has been given the opportunity to voice the other side in Pull Politburo...regarding the few problem articles.

Well done Skeetfreek....you have got what I have been saying for ages.

Interesting that we can vote for the Directors but we do not then know enough about them.....to elect the Chair and vice.

Notwithstanding the fact that 'the membership' has not elected any of them in the last X years.

The SRA document they reference goes against what the Board are doing .....in several places....!

I suspect they did not read it....before signing up to it... Or.....due to varying skill sets (and I use that term lightly)....they did not understand it. :wink:

Either way......you are right royaly screwed..!!

Told you so.

Last edited:
Having read the latest Articles proposed, I would like to ask the question, "What will be proposed to stand against these articles and if nothing, will the proposed articles fail to get the appropriate level of support to be adopted?"

It seems to me that some work will need to be done between now and 19th October to collect further proxies to vote against these articles, unless there are further changes to the content. I have responded to the CEO with some additions that may make them a little more palatable, but the basic issue of trust by some members of some existing directors, appears to remain to biggest issue.

Of course there is another solution, which relies on a number of 'like minded' people putting themselves up as Directors. I know a number of forum posters have already been 'burnt' in these roles, but could a majority of 'like minded' Directors make a difference? It may be the only way out of the current impasse.

Bob Meadows

(These are my personal views and not of the organisations I hold posts in or am a member of.)

Anyone got any ideas why this date was chosen? It clashes with the National Intercounties Skeet. The following Saturday has no national fixture clash against it.

Anyone got any ideas why this date was chosen? It clashes with the National Intercounties Skeet. The following Saturday has no national fixture clash against it.
Because they couldn't organise a P up in a brewery??? Who knows with this lot.

It also clashes with a days Game Shooting that I booked more than six months ago and paid for and does not comply with the articles of association that we are currently bound by .

But of course we now realise we are governed by a dictatorship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Julesy, are you sure?

Surely our Board of Directors could not have made such an elementary mistake. Or don't Skeet shooters matter?

I daresay the weekend free of competitions for shooters did not suit some of the directors or its just a cockup!

Are there any skeet shooters that might be seen as a particular potential problem at the EGM?

Doubt it.....I don't think anyone is going to EGM .....they won't need a big hall..... :wink:

Latest posts

Back