Newnham Park Re Opening for Competition Shoots

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay

It came up in conversation the other day that Newnham Park could be re-opening for registered shooting comps.  I'm not sure if it's true but it was one of my favourite shooting grounds, I remember the very good Trap and Sporting targets, and was very disappointed when it closed.

I'd love to see it reopen for comps again. Is there anyone out there who is better informed on this?

Ooooooh gooody goody gooody....

One of the nicest UT grounds and an absolutely perfect Fitasc sporting ground.....

I hope it is true...!!

That could be the best news I've heard all year!  Thankyou.

I might even get to shoot there again myself. (And meet some of you Guys and Girls)

It's the best ground in the South West and that's official according to "Shooting Guru" and that'll do for me!  :biggrin:

:fie:  Well I don't want to pee on anyones parade but! Wesley Hann bought their UT layout and took it back to Brook Bank a year or two ago, as far s I know the sporting traps were sold off as well? 

Perhaps someone else is going to take it over on a lease? I would have thought "Yorkie" would have been in the frame if its true?

I would say that having travelled the US and all over Europe I can say honestly  that Newnham Park is the best terrain for fitasc and English sporting that I have ever seen! :hunter:   :hunter:  

:fie:  I am led to believe that they have a few traps left with which they use for game tuition etc., lets wait and see what progresses? :hunter:

:fie:  I am led to believe that they have a few traps left with which they use for game tuition etc., lets wait and see what progresses? :hunter:
Yes they still do some tuition and corporate stuff so there are still some traps down there but the place has evidently go to pot compared to how it used to be.  I have shot a few times with some of the guys who still get called in to help out with tuition.

:haha:  Nah! I hear they are going to cut down all the oak trees and put in a solar park? :haha:   :haha:   :haha:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back