Newbie to the forum

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrBeau

Hi all, just found this forum.

I've been clay-shooting regularly for nearly a year and a half now, having not properly picked up a shotgun since I dislocated my shoulder aged 10, while shooting the local MP's Holland & Holland (he wasn't impressed; and frankly, neither was my Dad...). Anyhoo, I went on a corporate jolly in August of '14, and got well and truly bitten by the bug.

I'm shooting mostly in Oxfordshire and Berks, and am always on the lookout for a good sporting or Compak layout if anyone knows of any. My folks are down in Somerset and the in-laws are up in Aberdeen, so any recommended spots near either are also welcome (Seal's Cove, just South of Aberdeen, is pretty good; likewise Brook Bank, down near Cheddar).

Kit-wise (since folks seem to like to compare notes) I've mainly used a 30" Browning 725 Sporter (I still have terrible buyer's regret for not getting the black edition!), but I've just bought a black 28" Benelli 828U (it really is as good as you've probably heard, although I think extended chokes might help a bit). Cartridge-wise, I'm a definite fan of Fiocchi F-Black Sporters (they smell good, and they smoke good), although recently I got a bundle of Gamebore Blue Diamonds, and they're as smooth as a greased otter. Not sure I'd pay full whack for them, but they do seem to channel my inner Digweed.

Anyway, that's my lot. If you see a big fat bloke wearing a Browning vest at the Oxford Gun Company, that'll likely be me. See you on the course.

Back