New Beretta 694

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'd be nice to know the barrel weights but looks nice enough so far. 

from " £3325". So a sporter with adjustable comb will be £3500 plus.    I'll have TWO 525 sporter II with adjustable combs instead please.

Jasper.

They have a nice palm swell on it, but unless he's got massive hands it looks a bit short to me, large hands like mine and my little fingers going to be hanging off the end

Bought one today in 32”.....it’s jolly nice. 

I had a new 692 when it came out but swapped that for an Invictus which I’ve been very happy with, but I picked up the 694 today and it felt great, plus they gave me a decent part ex on my CG so it was worth a punt  

In terms of ‘feel’ it’s beefier than a 692, fuller stock and comb but not as ‘hefty’ as DT11.

Will get some photos up later as it has a decent piece of wood on it too....looking forward to putting some lead through it. 

Bought one today in 32”.....it’s jolly nice. 

I had a new 692 when it came out but swapped that for an Invictus which I’ve been very happy with, but I picked up the 694 today and it felt great, plus they gave me a decent part ex on my CG so it was worth a punt  

In terms of ‘feel’ it’s beefier than a 692, fuller stock and comb but not as ‘hefty’ as DT11.

Will get some photos up later as it has a decent piece of wood on it too....looking forward to putting some lead through it. 
Did you buy it without shooting it? 

Yep, done that before though.....not ideal but once I’d developed a feel for what feels right etc...

Yep, done that before though.....not ideal but once I’d developed a feel for what feels right etc...
Have to let us know how you get on with it mate. 

I shot one today for a play, and for me the feel of the gun was lovely. It was the 32” version with 50 on the stock, a nice height. Palm swell - spot on, forend - massive improvement, stuck the thicker pad on the back and LOP for me was also good. Don’t think the cut outs on the wood for “improved visibility” is a thing, bit of marketing hype that. 

Interesting I took to it because I’m fiercely loyal to my MK38 and don’t take to too many guns off the shelf. Plus I hate the 692! 

Well, didn’t get chance to get out this morning.....wife had something planned that I’d forgotten about....

However I did get chance the give the gun a proper look over and good clean this afternoon, got all the factory slapped on crap off and lubed it nicely.

Its a while since I had my 692 but from memory the 694 just feels a bit heavier all round...the fences seem fractionally thicker and the forend iron is better made....in fact it feels nicely made all round and quite DT11 like....just slimmer overall. There’s a new barrel selector and top lever (all metal not rubber), nice full palm swell and thicker comb.

One major thing is the redesigned ejectors....gone are the switch on and off ‘twisty’ things from the 692, to be replaced with what I can only describe as a cross between the old style Beretta ejectors that you push down and twist to remove and the current CG setup where they are held in place with a small tab/disc about the size of an aspirin. To remove the ejectors you simply push them in and lift the ‘tab’ out with a magnet and the ejector slides out....a much simpler and more elegant solution. 

Looking forward to taking it out sometime this week and will report back later....I’ve added a few photos, and make a note of the weight etc. 

A28426C6-4E26-4503-97A5-06A47ECAB866.jpeg

4DE99F4C-D9C6-4275-86D4-5BFB6AEED369.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I see that JBD has just picked one up from GMK. So it's in the hands of a talented young shot. Will watch with interest. 

Jasper. 

I popped into Ian coleys on Saturday with the intention of buying a new shotgun, I had a 692 as my fist gun and it left me never wanting to pick up another beretta. Whilst there they mentioned that the 694 had just arrived and I did have a look, I was impressed by the feel of the gun and the stock and grip dimensions seem to be greatly improved from what I can remember. It also looks like there has been a fair improvement in quality in the 694, for me it wasn’t the best fit and I had a cg summit ascent in mind and that’s what I walked out with but the beretta did feel like a nice gun.

I popped into Ian coleys on Saturday with the intention of buying a new shotgun, I had a 692 as my fist gun and it left me never wanting to pick up another beretta. Whilst there they mentioned that the 694 had just arrived and I did have a look, I was impressed by the feel of the gun and the stock and grip dimensions seem to be greatly improved from what I can remember. It also looks like there has been a fair improvement in quality in the 694, for me it wasn’t the best fit and I had a cg summit ascent in mind and that’s what I walked out with but the beretta did feel like a nice gun.
I don't think you will be disappointed with your choice

This is actually my second summit ascent, I sold my first as I thought I was upgrading but it was the only gun I regret selling. And I’m happy to say this one feels exactly like the old one.

Much as the 694 looks set to start rebuilding Beretta's image which was so badly dented by the 692 saga, I have to say that IMO a £3-4K Guerini sporter is still better overall than a £3-4K Beretta sporter.

Much as the 694 looks set to start rebuilding Beretta's image which was so badly dented by the 692 saga, I have to say that IMO a £3-4K Guerini sporter is still better overall than a £3-4K Beretta sporter.
Bet the Beretta has a better “trade in”value than the Guerini

Depends which Beretta and which CG. When I bought a CG in 2016, a certain dealer had one they'd sold new in 2011 for £2,400 and were now reselling at about 5 years old for £2,250. If you take out the VAT component it had appreciated in value. Take a 5 year old 692 into a dealer and see what they'll give you as a trade in.

Seems it depends on which Beretta you have, everyone seems to be saying the 694 is Beretta's answer to the problems of some 690's, what's that going to do for resale values.

Perhaps that's why the changed the design so much, to try and distance the 694 from the others, the actions still the same but improved

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems it depends on which Beretta you have, everyone seems to be saying the 694 is Beretta's answer to the problems of some of the 690's, what's that going to do for resale values.

Perhaps that's why the changed the design so much, to try and distance the 694 from the others, the actions still the same but improved
I think you're right. In effect the 694 is a tacit admission that the 692 didn't live up to expectations. If I was Beretta I'd offer an ejector upgrade kit for those 69x series guns with the switchable ejectors. That could well prevent the 692 trade in value from tanking.

Sorry to jump in. Seriously considering buying this new 694. I currently own a CG magnus sporting 32".

Any thoughts

Latest posts

Back