monte carlo

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
advice please , i have a xs pro crown sporter  its a beauty , my gripe is  i have to have the comb up  and i don't like the gap between comb and stock  it spoils the aesthetics ,  should i have a monte carlo made / fitted  or would it pay to part x   something with a monte carlo like a gureni  ?     thoughts please !    
What a whiner ! !  Do your aesthetics offend the gun ?  Just Man Up and shoot the Foo King gun.  And worry about something that matters.

JMO of course but I mean, WTF?   :hunter:    :poke:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't give a rat's bottom what it looked like or the make/model, covered in masking tape, if I could shoot well with it. But that's just me.

Most of us know that the mind game is so important in clay shooting. If you are not happy with some aspect of your kit then that’s not going to do your shooting a lot of good. Everybody is different but I had a Krieghoff K80 with beautiful upgraded woodwork, however never liked having to have the comb jacked up so high and in the end sold it.

What a whiner ! !  Do your aesthetics offend the gun ?  Just Man Up and shoot the Foo King gun.  And worry about something that matters.

JMO of course but I mean, WTF?   :hunter:    :poke:
one has to be happy with complete gun , that includes aesthetics   ,  why make a gun so low in the comb in the first place  ?    

one has to be happy with complete gun , that includes aesthetics   ,  why make a gun so low in the comb in the first place  ?    
The other option that won’t cost an arm and a leg is get a gun fit so it’s spot on adjusted  . Then take the gun to a good stocker , ask them to bend the stock up at the wrist ( you won’t even notice it , a little at the wrist gives quite a bit at the face so that you end up with your preferred dimension  but with the comb fully down . Get it cast at the same time if your fitter prescribes it .  You won’t ruin the resale of the gun as no one will know it’s been done . 

I’ve had a Miroku gd 5 20 bent up , the stock was way low for me as bought . 

Last edited by a moderator:
The stock was likely low thanks to  fads.  I got this beautiful MX8 for my wife with just fab wood on it.  BUT  The owner had decided that it didn't "look" like a sporting gun so the meathead cut the comb down to the point of useless to me.  Fortunately I had a usable stock under the bench and sold the cut stock/forearm for a ridiculous price to another meathead who liked the "look" of it.

Back