Miroku barrel weights

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeordieTrapper

I have purchased a Miroku 3800 in very good condition. However the original barrel weights are missing, but the factory holes are present. I understand it came with three sets (20/30/40g) of weights. Does anyone have or know where I can purchase these weights, many thanks

Never heard of a Miroku 3800 coming with barrel weights. That model is fairly old and factory barrel weight options are a fairly new concept.

Never heard of a Miroku 3800 coming with barrel weights. That model is fairly old and factory barrel weight options are a fairly new concept.
Same here,  never heard of a 3800 having weights. Would be interested to see the pre drilled  holes.   It could get ugly if weights are fitted to holes in a ported barrel. 

Ive had 5 x 3800 s through the years, 30" and 32"  never seen or heard of barrel weights for them. The barrels were heavy my present 3800  is 1982, 32" and the barrels weigh 1575g. I wouldnt want to add anything else personally.

Forgot to say my barrels on this one are bored out 1/2 and 1/2 so are lighter than original, im sure on my Trap 3800 s they were over 1600g.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 1980 Miroku catalogue showing and describing the three weight sets supplied with selected models of 3800. I have a 1978 Miroku 800HSW with the 30g weights fitted. I will put photos on if someone can tell me how

I have purchased a Miroku 3800 in very good condition. However the original barrel weights are missing, but the factory holes are present. I understand it came with three sets (20/30/40g) of weights. Does anyone have or know where I can purchase these weights, many thanks
Give Tim a ring at Countryways Gunshop, He knows a lot about Miroku  and may know where to source some.  01732 841311

I am surprised by the rifled choke being advertised as specifically suited for skeet… I originally thought that paradox barrels and chokes were intended for slugs, but apparently Beretta also sells a rifled choke advertised for “optimal spread of shot at close ranges”. I wonder. 

Is it rifled ? Or are the ribs parallel ? One things for sure , if it was rifled it wouldn’t be available in the U.K. on a shotgun certificate . We’re very strict like that Whatever it was it certainly isn’t available now .

The 800 Miroku that Geordie Trapper has is some bit of kit . Chopper Lump barrels , V springs , muzzle weights , very nice , but then  I’m a Miroku fanboy 😂

In reply to MartynB, you might be interested to know the 800HSW has coil springs. Miroku gradually changed from V to coil during the late seventies and mine is a ‘transition’ gun. The old Mirokus up to mid nineties were, in my opinion, very well made and under rated guns.

I can remember in the mid 70s seeing what I’d call the first ‘ professional clay shooters ‘ turning up at various straw bale clay shoots we used to go to .  It wasn’t unusual to see them bring a pair of Mirokus , a skeet gun and a trap gun !  

Is it rifled ? Or are the ribs parallel ? One things for sure , if it was rifled it wouldn’t be available in the U.K. on a shotgun certificate . We’re very strict like that Whatever it was it certainly isn’t available now .

The 800 Miroku that Geordie Trapper has is some bit of kit . Chopper Lump barrels , V springs , muzzle weights , very nice , but then  I’m a Miroku fanboy 😂
Sure looks like the business ends are rifled… If it is only the last section would it still be a no-go in the UK? What about rifled chokes for a multi-chokes gun? 

I am tempted to try one to see if they do what they say on the tin. Funny to see how all the “new” fads aren’t ever actually new. 

Most shotguns in the U.K. are held on a Section 2 shotgun certificate Luke . That’s a minimum 24” smootbore barrel . Now a choke is not a restricted item.  so in theory you can buy a rifled choke as it’s just a tube not a component part of a firearm  , but when you fit it to a shotgun it’s no longer a smooth bored gun it’s just become a section 1 . I might well be wrong so I stand to be corrected  .  Single ball / slug ammunition for a shotgun can’t be acquired on a  Section 2 certificate either . I’d be interested to hear if anyone on the forum uses a rifled choke for clays in the U.K.  and if they’ve discussed it with licensing . 

For what it's worth I've also seen the marketing about a rifled choke helping with spread. It might have been on a Johnny Carter video.

In my opinion the barrel remains smooth bore, even if the choke is rifled. That's not the barrel, more a barrel accessory. I know it's a fine distinction but I would hope a judge wouldn't bother with such a fight!

Back