Miroku barrel ring !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balltrap

Many years ago it was common for Miroku barrels to make a ringing sound I have not heard it for years until yesterday, I shot a old box of Winchester trap 100 32 gram shells and I heard the ring on a old 3800. It was like music to my ears  :smile: not heard that for years. Has anyone else had this experience ! (why only with them shells )

Chopper lump barrels, its all to do with how the barrels are fixed together, turns them into a tuning fork. My brothers 7000 does it on closing you can here it a mile off. Those old 3800 were well built, the ring is a sign of quality and how well the barrels are fixed together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many years ago it was common for Miroku barrels to make a ringing sound I have not heard it for years until yesterday, I shot a old box of Winchester trap 100 32 gram shells and I heard the ring on a old 3800. It was like music to my ears  :smile: not heard that for years. Has anyone else had this experience ! (why only with them shells )
Yes my new Browning 725 mk2 the first time I shot it the barrels rang, but consequently only now on the odd occation, using the same cartridges, took me back to my first Browning A1 in the early 70's that also rang every shot. They used to say before you buy, suspend the barrels and tap them, if they ring they are good (no loose joints or cracks).

How did the Trap 100 `s compare to what we`re shooting nowadays ?

32g shells seem savage to me now,but were the norm when I started shooting. 

Yes, it was a lovely sound, I recall it was not just Winnie 32's though  !

I see you have dropped down to 32 grams then, is it an age thing  ?

Back