Midweek SuperSporting - Podimore

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleBarrelledDon

Ok folks... here is a date for your diary...!!

Something a little bit different...

100 Bird SuperSporting. Wednesday 16th March

To be shot in CPSA Sporting classes though open to all.

£100 High Gun

Two rotations - 6 Man Squads

5 Squads at 10am

5 Squads at 1pm

Shot over Ten 3 trap stands with mix of Singles and Doubles.

Telephone / Internet Bookings only. (Cancellation within 24 hrs of event incurs £20 Charge) Squads filled on first come first served basis.

Entry fees
Birds only - £33
Competition - £38

Should be fun

ok.. just 9 spaces left on the morning rotation and 3 in the afternoon so if you are tempted then dont hang on too long or you might be out of luck :)

Did you book me in Don as I've not had a reply to my pm to you on here requesting a pm slot but you sort of made a comment on Facebook that implied I was booked in, so just checking to be sure.

Brilliant!  Thank you Don!

I assume that this comp will need to be shot gun down as its a FITASC origin discipline and I need to get SWMBO to sew some lines on my skeet vests!

I don't see anywhere where I said "former".  As far as I have read the discipline originated from the FITASC organisation so assume that FITASC rules apply.  Perhaps someone can confirm if I need a line on my skeet vest and need to shoot the comp gun down? 

I don't see anywhere where I said "former".  As far as I have read the discipline originated from the FITASC organisation so assume that FITASC rules apply.  Perhaps someone can confirm if I need a line on my skeet vest and need to shoot the comp gun down? 
I doubt it enormously. 

Originated/former tomato/tomato super sporting/sportasc...it's not important!!! :D

Gun up or gun down Robert, no rule for either in super sporting...think sporting cage with three traps, you might get three singles full use of gun a b c then a o/r b then b o/r c then c o/r a 

or basically whatever menu the course setter wants...as far as I know

Super sporting to the best of my knowledge was devised by John Bidwell some years ago? Nothing to do with the Fitasc org!

No lines required Robert, shoot it how you like and I am very much looking forward to finally meeting you on the day ?

Super sporting to the best of my knowledge was devised by John Bidwell some years ago? Nothing to do with the Fitasc org!
Are you coming too Guru? I have never met you either.....

No I am in Crete for the winter,   we have had 3 weeks sunshine with no rain up to 22celcius! Why would I want to come to Podimud and give Donald my pension money? Let him go and get a proper job.?

No lines required Robert, shoot it how you like and I am very much looking forward to finally meeting you on the day ?
We have already met once - at Owls Lodge and I also met Nicola that day!  I shall look forward to seeing you again.  I've only been to Podimore once and that was before Don bought it.

No I am in Crete for the winter,   we have had 3 weeks sunshine with no rain up to 22celcius! Why would I want to come to Podimud and give Donald my pension money? Let him go and get a proper job.?
Still collecting your pension? In Crete for the winter? Thats an interesting situation knowing your politics are somewhere to the right of Genghis Khan.

SuperSporting Squad Lists for Wednesday 16th March

Squads 1-5 will commence shooting at 10am sharp, please make sure you arrive with plenty of time to spare, the clubhouse will be open for breakfast etc by 9am at the latest. Squads 6-10 will start at 1pm. The shoot will consist of 10 stands with either 9 or 11 targets being thrown, some stands may have three singles with full use of gun, and then pairs. Others will be all pairs (A mix of On report & Sim)

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING EXCERPT FROM THE NSCA HANDBOOK ON SUPERSPORTING.

"A. ENGLISH SPORTING CLAY RULES APPLY WHEN
SHOOTING SUPER SPORTING.
B.
COURSE LAYOUTS MUST HAVE MINIMUM 3
TRAPS ON EACH STATION.
C.
SHOOTERS MAY ONLY VIEW SINGLE TARGETS
WHEN VIEWING TARGET PRESENTATIONS"

Therefore you will only be shown one of each target before the squad commences shooting, you will NOT be shown sim pairs.
View attachment SuperSporting squads 16th march.xls

Latest posts

Back