Invictus ascent

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom b

Does anyone own or has any one shot the new invictus ascent? I'm seriously considering chopping in my perazzi and getting one of these and some money back on my gun. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy my perazzi but my standard of shooting doesn't warrant such an expensive gun and being newly married and planning a family the money back would be a big advantage to me. I have a deal lined up at my local rfd that I'm happy with and the ascent felt so solid an stable in the hand I nearly made the deal then and there. A little while back I had a summit ascent which I thought was fantastic and really I should have never got rid the of but is the invictus worth the extra £1000 over the summit and am I being stupid chopping in a perazzi for a Caesar guerini?

My own (Cynical) view.

You've just got married so congratulations. You're planning a family too. Your Perazzi will always be worth roughly what it is now. Your new Guerini will be worth half of what you pay for it when you walk out of the shop, and then depreciate further when the current "trend" for fancy ribs dies down, just like it has before. Strange thing - fashion? In the meantime, you have a beautiful gun to be going along with and it's all paid for.

Save it for when you really need the money, and you will soon enough. :smile:

I have the Invictus ascent, changed from the Summit ascent. In my view the Invictus is a far better gun,(not saying that the Summit is a bad gun) the Invictus feels more solid than the Summit ascent. It has a thicker action putting more of the weight between your hands. 

Would I change from Perazzi, not sure on that as never owned one, what i would say is that CG are probably pound for pound the best mid range guns out there at the moment.

High rib guns, or semi high rib guns you will either love them or hate them, me I love 'em. Don't forget peeps these guns are also available with the ordinary flat rib.

.......And when you have shot the living daylights out of the Invictus and the action is all worn out, £38.50 buys you a service kit that will tighten it all back up.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what youve said. No.. you will always regret selling the P.

Unless you can't shoot it or it has a Major problem.

Plus.

The money back will go in a flash. Unless you absolutely need  it for something essential like food if your starving to death or to pay off the mob, you'll wonder what the hell it went on. (Probably cushions for the sofa or musical toys for the kids that they grow out of in 10 mins or get trashed). ;)

Don't do it unless you have something in mind for the additional money. Don't do it just for one month of more money. You are far better off making a monthly saving. Get rid of sky or go shooting less.

Well that's my mind made, I'm not in financial straights or anything like that I was just thinking of cutting my losses before the gun devalues any more but I would miss it if I didn't have the it and would only end up buying another one further on down the line.

Well that's my mind made, I'm not in financial straights or anything like that I was just thinking of cutting my losses before the gun devalues any more but I would miss it if I didn't have the it and would only end up buying another one further on down the line.
I love my CG's but I reckon you've made the right decsion.

Here's hoping you strait many stands with it. Is there any way at all you could shoot the low rib version side by side before buying ? I only mention this because I've met a good few who've gone back, some after going full circle with high, mid then low rib. 

It has already been said and I will repeat the Perazzi will not lose you money in the way other guns will. I am looking at a site that has many Perazzi shotguns that are more than twenty years old selling for more than the original owner paid for them. Yes you could say that the money put into an interest account would give a better return but all the while someone else is using your money to make money for themselves whereas with the gun you use it and others covet it... fact ! Not many people will be coveting your CG and hence the value goes down the drain.

It has already been said and I will repeat the Perazzi will not lose you money in the way other guns will. I am looking at a site that has many Perazzi shotguns that are more than twenty years old selling for more than the original owner paid for them. Yes you could say that the money put into an interest account would give a better return but all the while someone else is using your money to make money for themselves whereas with the gun you use it and others covet it... fact ! Not many people will be coveting your CG and hence the value goes down the drain.
There is a tiny flaw in that argument though, whatever the Perazzi cost 30 years ago would have bought at least as much other goods/services as whatever they cost now.  :wink:  In real terms there is no better investment than a second hand 682 or Mirook of some description, buy one for £800 - £1200 quid and sell it about the the same within a decade. All guns lose money, it's always an emotional purchase so the odd grand or four lost is just par for the course.

Read my post again I have made that caveat Hammy. The point being made is and has already been made if the man sells his gun now when he does not need the money he may regret that when he does need the money. In other words why take a double hit the CG is only going to lose him money quicker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back