Insurance Change

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Umm - feels like we did this just recently, can someone refresh my memory - or is this just the existing change coming through:

From the CPSA website today

Please be aware that we have changed insurance brokers to Romero Sports and Leisure from the 1st September 2014, this is to ensure best value cover for CPSA members. Any membership payments received after the 1st of September will not have had their membership pack sent out yet, this is because we are awaiting delivery of the new insurance leaflets which should be with us next week.

We will be sending an update to all registered grounds on Thursday 11th September, this will ensure all grounds are aware of all new members that have joined this month, therefore allowing you to shoot at a registered event this weekend.

Apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Looks like its the norm to change Car / house insurance yearly to get the best deals, perhaps that's what's happening ?

The insurance is renewable on the 1st Sept every year and the previous insurers came back with a substantial increase on last year's premium so we negotiated a much better deal with Romero and switched. 

Typical of insurers these days. Churn is expected.

Just how much did the CPSA claim from the insurers last year?

Numpties! 

Umm - feels like we did this just recently, can someone refresh my memory - or is this just the existing change coming through:

Please be aware that we have changed insurance brokers to Romero Sports and Leisure from the 1st September 2014, this is to ensure best value cover for CPSA members. Any membership payments received after the 1st of September will not have had their membership pack sent out yet, this is because we are awaiting delivery of the new insurance leaflets which should be with us next week.

We will be sending an update to all registered grounds on Thursday 11th September, this will ensure all grounds are aware of all new members that have joined this month, therefore allowing you to shoot at a registered event this weekend.

They will probably change it each year, as the incentives are highly motivating. 

I mean . . . they are so adorable:  :)

biscuits.jpg

Who does the one on the right look like?  PAAAAWWWWWLLLLL!

10351840_10153052079012067_4693467247188094818_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can not think of anyone with a neck THAT long !

P.S.

I heard today that LV (Liverpool Victoria) is pulling the plug on gun insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see that HQ are taking a much more dilgent approach to make sure that the members money is used well and they are renegotiating contracts on renewal.

To the rest of the Business World we refer to this as Corporate Governance, we have had to deal with renegotiating Contracts, Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-Annually or Annually and have to back it up with a genuine business case if it wasn't the cheapest.  Cheapest isn't always best!

Jon.

Please be aware that we have changed insurance brokers to Romero Sports and Leisure from the 1st September 2014, this is to ensure best value cover for CPSA members. Any membership payments received after the 1st of September will not have had their membership pack sent out yet, this is because we are awaiting delivery of the new insurance leaflets which should be with us next week.

We will be sending an update to all registered grounds on Thursday 11th September, this will ensure all grounds are aware of all new members that have joined this month, therefore allowing you to shoot at a registered event this weekend.

Wonder how many more will come onboard....been through several in last few years....

We must be becoming a bad risk for a hike in price.....

The last lot were sold to us as being the best thing since sliced bread....

Hope they are not caught up in the International board trouble......

Oh hang on a minute.........silly me :laugh:

It's almost standard procedure these days for insurers to reel you in with a beauty parade and a very good price. Nothing wrong with taking what's on the table at the time if it suits your needs.

First renewal is often hiked up. The insurer hopes the insured stays, and pays.

Apathy is expensive...

It is funny that until recently we had the same insurers for several years. Then we changed to having the same insurer as other NGB's.....(the idea of the NATSS negotiation between NGB's).....then......then.....then....

I love the idea of selling the changes as getting the best price.....rather than using the ones experienced in sports policies.

The last one were the ones who developed our 'special' consideration for people whose licences were under threat of a problem...

I wonder if someone had a problem and they walked away?

I wonder how the coaches are covered on this one?

Time will no doubt tell.

I wonder if all of us who have recently paid our renewal will now get a copy of the new insurance policy.

Direct Line next???? :laugh:

I negotiate my insurance with a great company au fait with all my needs and use the quote from others who are trying to get my business....to keep the price of my renewals down.....but then.....I am a business woman :wink:

Last edited:
I get new quotes every year, for everything, both personal and for business. You would be amazed at how much your current insurer will bend if you get a better deal from elsewhere and prove it to them. I got my private health insurance cut in half a couple of years back and I pay less car insurance now than I did five years ago! 

I understand that the existing insurers, Amlin at Lloyd's, were unwilling to cover the US exposure, so declined to offer renewal terms.

Romero are a broker in Leeds. Anyone receiving their renewal pack should be told who the new insurer is.

I had it from the horses mouth last Friday - the savings were considerable. Is any further explanation necessary?

Back