I'm happy to admit that I shoot with an IC choke

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What amazes me is the number of people who have no idea where their barrels are shooting !

Do your barrels both shoot to a very similar point of aim? Is your IC choke actually throwing an IC pattern?

Find out where your gun is pointing and printing its pattern , in your opinion is it the pattern you would like or expect ? 

If all is well , just shoot , don't get bogged down over analysing .

Peter, I'm really disappointed in you.  I'm sure that the criminal liability laws would prevent a manufacturer from producing a double gun that did not properly place the patterns, and a dealer most certainly so for selling such a thing.  And in the same vein Briley couldn't publish such a chart if it were not true.  And all of those articles on patterning must as well be God's Own Truth.  If you see something in print or on the internet it has to be true - it's the law.

You best straighten up or there'll be someone by to speak with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter, I'm really disappointed in you.  I'm sure that the criminal liability laws would prevent a manufacturer from producing a double gun that did not properly place the patterns, and a dealer most certainly so for selling such a thing.  And in the same vein Briley couldn't publish such a chart if it were not true.  And all of those articles on patterning must as well be God's Own Truth.  If you see something in print or on the internet it has to be true - it's the law.

You best straighten up or there'll be someone by to speak with you.
Have you ever read the Daily Mail?

Keep it simple. Just choose a gun, choke and shell that works for you and stick with it. Same for adjustable combs etc, set it up so it does what it should and then leave it alone. 

Latest posts

Back