I knew him as little fred...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARK-POACHER

We all shoot and enjoy ourselves just like we all have at the gold cup over the last few days, but rain, snow, sun, ice, whatever the weather the scorers would always be there for us ...it was really sad too hear that little fred passed away he always had a smile and a piss take when you missed..!!!!!

First met him at Westfield and over the years he always made me smile and picked me up when things not going well.

Thanks fred mate.

yes i first met him last year at the world sporting running the pool shoot. he was soaked through but still smiling. of late a local at longridge always full of tips he had seen from the other shots. fred you will be missed........................... steve

Such a shame to hear this news. I always enjoyed having a joke with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sad news this, first met him at westfield as has been said always had a smile and a friendly tip. He was always at the shoots no matter what the weather in his trainers and coat that seemed to big for him, ref'd me on a stand at gunsite only two weeks before his passing and no one would have thought he was that ill but kept going to the shoots right up to the end. Gone but not forgotten as its the stalwarts like him that give us our days out and we should remember that to next time we're at a shoot !         

R.I.P Fred !

Very sad news this, first met him at westfield as has been said always had a smile and a friendly tip. He was always at the shoots no matter what the weather in his trainers and coat that seemed to big for him, ref'd me on a stand at gunsite only two weeks before his passing and no one would have thought he was that ill but kept going to the shoots right up to the end. Gone but not forgotten as its the stalwarts like him that give us our days out and we should remember that to next time we're at a shoot !         

R.I.P Fred !
+1     fred was always so positive even if ya card was sh*t...he would say keep going you never know what everyone eles is doing ...rip mate

Only heard about this today, very sad news :-( we last saw him at gunsite too and he had said to us that day that he didn't know how long he had left but we didn't realise it would be that soon! He was a fantastic ref, would always try n help people with advice :) he will be missed by many and hopefully someone will hav a shoot in his memory for all the hard work he did!

Latest posts

Back