How do you stop yourself thinking?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Works for me as long as the zone is static - then a bloody bumblebee flies in and spoil it all up - I try to overlook it and proceed regardless - dang a miss. (Note to myself - Should have stop straight away and start all over)
My lad did this in Spain. At the exact moment he called the target an large insect flew past the end of his barrel. The insect went left and the target went right. Guess which way Harry went ....Doh!

In his defence he did realise almost straight away and then went after and broke the target.

DT

To empty your brain completely, can only be achieved after 25 years of marriage! 
Well thirty four years on and my brain is still got some contents left, I have only been shooting for 3years though.

Well yesterday in really good light... shot like a newbie 18,20 and 20. First round set the tone never happy and fell out with myself and crashed and burned :) never mind out on Sunday with a refreshed attitude should do OK.

for the record the 1st Mrs nutcase did my brain in within six years. 18 yrs with current Mrs ips and I can report brain as intact as one could expect.

:lol:  what brain you shot dtl for that you need a lobotomy 

I agree with my learned friend on all but one thing.

its better Imo to have a soft gaze at something approx fifty yards away as that is the rough distance you will shoot the target. Looking at the floor or whatever means that the eyes have to re focus quickly which is harder the older we get.
I have to agree 100 % with ips on this one. Although never a serious Trap shooter, I had to shoot it when I was doing a lot of Comps. A top Scottish Trap shooter once advised me NOT to look at the trap house between shots as this can lead to anticipating the next targets path, not to look at ground for the reasons already given but to pick a point somewhere to the right or left of the trap house out towards the skyline. Put an unknown quantity of over 25 cartridges in each pocket, so that you do not start counting the remainder in your pocket. I found that I tried to concentrate on my neighbours call of 'Pull' and just shut off from anything else until I heard that voice call, this would lead to my closing the gun as the Ref was calling change (I always asked to be number 5 on a squad, if possible). I relied upon the Ref to call "empty guns and check scores" to realise that the line had finished and I could not tell you my score until I had checked the card, even if I had shot a straight. Even to this day, and I really only shoot sporting for fun, I do not know how many I have hit/missed until I check my card after each stand. Probably all due to my being 'brain dead' really !

On the rare days when I shoot well, I'm not aware of what's going on, it's almost as though I'm not actually doing the shooting, it's like a kind of auto pilot thing. I don't know how or why it happens, I cannot set it in motion, nor can I stop it either. I believe Renato Lamera calls it a "state of grace".....or something like that. If I knew how to switch it on I would be a better shot, but alas I have to put up with being rubbish.....thas life!  :)

549211_1737109193201830_8733277156881107451_n.jpg

Of course.  I meant between shots to sorta flex the eye muscles in from the distance focus for a moment.  Long soft focus for the setup is def hot
Judging by his gun, that Guy does not know a lot ! He does NOT even know when Christmas Day is ?   :rolleyes:

That was intended mainly for John and I'm fairly certain that he is immune to some absurd notion that Miles' choice of tool was integral to the "process".  I mean, I know that we all have these aspects to our game that know not reason.  Fortunately Perazzi users don't suffer that as far as gun selection goes.

On the rare days when I shoot well, I'm not aware of what's going on, it's almost as though I'm not actually doing the shooting, it's like a kind of auto pilot thing. I don't know how or why it happens, I cannot set it in motion, nor can I stop it either. I believe Renato Lamera calls it a "state of grace".....or something like that. If I knew how to switch it on I would be a better shot, but alas I have to put up with being rubbish.....thas life!  :)
And Misrable.  .  :bye:

I have to echo what some of the other posters have said in relation to zoning out and going on to autopilot.

I find my best shooting comes when I just relax and slow down a bit. the reality is that my heart is racing, adrenaline is pumping and reaction times are at their quickest.

I don't talk to anyone and don't look at any targets other than my own. my eyes are looking at either the floor while moving between stands, or the serial number on the upper tang before I shoot.

take each shot as if it was your first of the round and find a robust process and make sure you mirror it every time. then hit the reset button and move to the next stand and repeat.

Brett you are not a cpsa member and you have never been  :wacko:

les

have you seen us on the new Warburton giant crumpets tv advert ???

les

have you seen us on the new Warburton giant crumpets tv advert ???
Yep.....fame at last pal!!  :lol:  Actually Phil Rowley mentioned us on facebook the other day, it was to do with a profile picture that I put on there.

Back