Hi from South Worcester

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldfarmer

Hi Everyone

Just a quick note to introduce myself.

I have been running South Worcester Shooting Ground for 26 years now and it has grown from small beginnings to a sporting layout with 13 stands plus a further 6 dedicated tuition traps and some good high towers. Originally a farmer, I diversified back in 1987, probably before many of you were born and the ground has grown ever since.

While we have always concentrated on practice and tuition I see many of you on this forum are serious competition shooters. Well we might have something for you this year - but more of that later.

I look forward to being part of this excellent forum.

John Clements

Welcome aboard John.  Get stuck in and Enjoy the site.

Hi John, I've shot at your place quite a few times and enjoyed it every time, must get down there again, welcome to the mad house

:)

We're always in the sh*t it's just the depth that differs!

Welcome John, enjoy the site!  If you're going registered, we might well see you sometime!  :hi:

Welcome to the Forum John, from a new shooter but sadly not new bones (you diversified when I was already in my very late 20s .)  :lol:

What a welcome!!! Thanks everyone.

Obviously I run a Shooting Ground so I guess I must be careful not to advertise too blatantly - but it is a fine line between keeping everyone informed about what is going on and advertising. I will try hard not to upset anyone.

What a great job the administrators of these forums do. It is a thankless task and usually all you get is brick bats rather than thanks.

I run ‘The Perrins Owners Club’ web site for the owners of these vintage guns and it is surprising how much time it takes up.

It’s nice to know that there is at least one person still farming – even if it is in Scotland – and that there are some others out there almost as old as I am and not locked away in a ‘retirement home!!’ I haven’t seen any that promote clay shooting as one of their activities so I am trying to put that off as long as possible??

Must get on and start servicing the traps but there is some of that white, cold stuff floating around outside so maybe I will tidy the office instead – a cup of tea would be a good start.

John

John,

Happy to give you permission to add your own events to our calendar - and also to talk about what's coming at your ground, we have a number of Ground Owners on the forum - and I'm pleased that they are part of the conversation with new and experienced shooters. I'll send you an email with details.

We also have a sub-forum dedicated for results - where if you wish, you can post weekly results to help spread the word about your shoots.

Matt

Hi John, welcome aboard, I shoot at South Worcestershire from time to time and happy to tell one and all on this forum you run a good ship there with some good club clays to blast at.

Hi John - big welcome to the forum.

Does your shooting ground have a website? If so, why not put a link on here so people get a quick access to it.

Enjoy the forum

Matt has kindly sent me a form to fill in for the diary. In the mean time - as you have asked - the web site is www.swsg.co.uk. I have Becky Sealey helping me - I am sure many of you will know Becky as she does pretty well at the competitions. She helps with setting up the layouts and keeps busy with the coaching. As you can see from the web site we are open every Wednesday and then from March to Nov alternate weekends.

What I was referring to earlier is not that we are thinking of becoming registered - the CPSA had their chance several years ago and they blew it - What we are think of doing is to open on Fridays throughout the summer, as soon as the clocks change - to put on a qualifying series of 100 bird sporting layouts with each high gun going forward to a 'Grand Final' on the last Friday before the clocks change back in October. There would be £3.00 from each entry put into a prize fund so as long as we get a few entries to each Friday there could easily be several hundred ££'s if not a couple of grand up for grabs by the final. The high gun from each shoot would also get a free entry into the final.

As soon as we have a few more details i will open a separate thread as i guess this isn't really the proper section of the forum to chat about this proposal.

Thoughts would be appreciated?

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt has kindly sent me a form to fill in for the diary. In the mean time - as you have asked - the web site is www.swsg.co.uk. I have Becky Sealey helping me - I am sure many of you will know Becky as she does pretty well at the competitions. She helps with setting up the layouts and keeps busy with the coaching. As you can see from the web site we are open every Wednesday and then from March to Nov alternate weekends.

What I was referring to earlier is not that we are thinking of becoming registered - the CPSA had their chance several years ago and they blew it - What we are think of doing is to open on Fridays throughout the summer, as soon as the clocks change - to put on a qualifying series of 100 bird sporting layouts with each high gun going forward to a 'Grand Final' on the last Friday before the clocks change back in October. There would be £3.00 from each entry put into a prize fund so as long as we get a few entries to each Friday there could easily be several hundred ££'s if not a couple of grand up for grabs by the final. The high gun from each shoot would also get a free entry into the final.

As soon as we have a few more details i will open a separate thread as i guess this isn't really the proper section of the forum to chat about this proposal.

Thoughts would be appreciated?

John
John, I wonder if there has been sufficient change in staff at CPSA to revisit the idea? Starting with what went wrong last time?

Latest posts

Back