Hereford And Worcester Newbie

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryM95

Hi there everyone!

I am new to this shooting forum and I had one main question to ask! I am a 19 year CPSA Competition Member and I am currently unclassified as I have never shot a registered shoot, but after lots of practise I think I am ready to go to my first registered shoot! I have seen advertised a 100 ESP reg shoot at Westfield Clay Ground tomorrow and feel this would be a good one to start with as there never is many in H&W! The only thing thats concerning me about this shoot is that the shoot is classed as an English Selection Shoot, now I am nowhere near ready for this sort of level but just want to get a classification as soon as possible! Does anyone know if you can just go to one of these shoots even if you have no intent for even shooting for England or would you recommend waiting for a 100 ESP that isn't an Engliand Selection Shoot? I am fully aware that if I went to this shoot at Westfields tomorrow I would be up against some seriously competitive guns but In my opinion this is the best way for me to observe and learn for the future! Any helpful advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Harry :)

Harry - welcome to the site. 

Don't worry about it at all - go and enjoy the shoot, you are not there to compete against the top guns, but against yourself and your classification. 

Steves shoots are always a great test - but it is a beautiful ground, and great one to enjoy your first registered at!

Matt

Harry - welcome to the site. 

Don't worry about it at all - go and enjoy the shoot, you are not there to compete against the top guns, but against yourself and your classification. 

Steves shoots are always a great test - but it is a beautiful ground, and great one to enjoy your first registered at!

Matt
Thanks for the fast reply much appreciated! Ok this is great news and obsioulsy I am aware that it will be a great test but this makes it more exciting! Is there any advice you would give to me once I get to the shoot? And then going up to register for the shoot do I just take my CPSA Card and my Shotgun Cerificate?

Harry

Hi Harry welcome aboard  :hi: enjoy the forum but most of all enjoy your shooting

Harry you just need your CPSA card to enter the shoot just go into the clubhouse and go to the entry desk and they will then take you entry and register your name and number, not sure of the cost for this shoot as there maybe a levy if its a selection shoot. But you don't have to worry about the selection side of it as anyone can shoot the comp so go along and enjoy it. :thumbsup:

You could possibly mention in a post here in meet ups its your first comp to see if there are any friendly forum shots going for you to meet to show you the ropes .

Sorry I wont be there tomorrow or could have met you for a chat and a cuppa, perhaps keep a look out for  dates for Longridge S.G at Bromsberrow heath also as this would be a reg shoot in your hereford/worcester area. 

Enjoy you first reg and shoot well 

Gareth

Hi Harry welcome aboard  :hi: enjoy the forum but most of all enjoy your shooting

Harry you just need your CPSA card to enter the shoot just go into the clubhouse and go to the entry desk and they will then take you entry and register your name and number, not sure of the cost for this shoot as there maybe a levy if its a selection shoot. But you don't have to worry about the selection side of it as anyone can shoot the comp so go along and enjoy it. :thumbsup:

You could possibly mention in a post here in meet ups its your first comp to see if there are any friendly forum shots going for you to meet to show you the ropes .

Sorry I wont be there tomorrow or could have met you for a chat and a cuppa, perhaps keep a look out for  dates for Longridge S.G at Bromsberrow heath also as this would be a reg shoot in your hereford/worcester area. 

Enjoy you first reg and shoot well 

Gareth
Hi Gareth

Ok fantastic thanks a lot for the useful information! I am really looking forward to it! A bit nervous at the same time but thats all part of the experience!  Thanks for being so friendly and yes that owuld of been cool! I will check out the Meet Ups section and fingers crossed there will be some friendly shots going!

All the best!

Harry :hunter:

Hi Harry

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your shooting.

Unfortunately you have missed the Hereford & Worcester County Sporting Championships but we will have the H&W County Compak

Championships on Sunday 28th September at Park Farm SG if you are interested.  Telephone entries only to Park Farm 01905 620237

Also Park Farm SG, Ombersley shoot every Thursday 3pm until 8pm if you are interested and they have a sporting layout as well as other disciplines.

There are a lot of H&W members that shoot there and we are all a friendly bunch and try to help all new members if we can.

Hope to see you there.  If you require our Championship date list, please get in touch with me.

Pat

H&W Secretary

Hi Harry, Welcome to ShootClay  :hi:  Enjoy your visits   :thumbsu: .

You might want to mention Birds Only when you register for a CPSA shoot this will keep your costs down during the early days, the score still gets recorded and submitted to CPSA for your average. The price difference is typically £5 and this goes into the prize fund for the shoot.

Key is just enjoy the shoot!

Hi Harry, Welcome to ShootClay  :hi:  Enjoy your visits   :thumbsu: .

You might want to mention Birds Only when you register for a CPSA shoot this will keep your costs down during the early days, the score still gets recorded and submitted to CPSA for your average. The price difference is typically £5 and this goes into the prize fund for the shoot.

Key is just enjoy the shoot!
Thanks Dave

So asking for clays only will this still be the case at an England Selection Shoot? Sorry may seem like a silly question but this is all completely new to me!

A final few words before you go.............. relax and enjoy yourself and for heaven's sake, let us know how you got on :good:

Back