Hepworth Hall 100 FSP & 100 Compak GB selection shoot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chesterse

Shot both yesterday, weather was really cold first thing but at least it stayed fine apart from a little drizzle at times.

Found both disciplines tough, which they should be for a GB selection shoot but enjoyably challenging.

On the FSP there seemed to be always one bogie bird which was there to be a real tester. On the Hillside layout it was a rocketing teal. On the Willows there was a white standard which was sent from a trap about 25/30 yards away from the right quartering away low and dropping, it looked to be 60 yards away by the time you could get a shot at it. A fast dipping crosser from the left following the contours of the hill caught most of our squad out on the Field lay out and on the Tower layout it was an innocuous looking going away bird into the trees.

Finished on a 77 which was not bad compared to the other scores on the day.

The Compak was something a little different; the first layout was all singles with full use of the gun. Testing birds on here were a very fast long crosser which I surprised myself by hitting with a monster lead and a very fast low driven which if you missed with the first did not leave much time for a second shot.

The second layout was tricky due to the amount of birds coming from a similar spot on the right, you really had to have your head in gear to work out what was coming next. Third layout had combinations including two tower birds, the difficulty here was which bird to shoot first in the simo pairs. The fourth layout had a nasty incoming low dropper and again it was the which to shoot first decision which could cost targets. Finished on 82 again a score which I was pleased with.

Overall a fantastic day out with a superb variety of targets - a real endulgance of shooting.

The organisation worked vey well apart from a bit of a wait to shoot the Compak but having said that I was all finished and ready to drive home by 3.30.

Many thanks to John Dyson and his team!

Looking forward to this on Saturday, just hope the weather is half way reasonable.

Saturday 10 am for me on the Compak - looking forward to seeing this...

Im on FITASC at 9 I think, so will prob bump into you my man. Compac 1ish off the top of my head.

The Compak was something a little different; the first layout was all singles with full use of the gun. Testing birds on here were a very fast long crosser which I surprised myself by hitting with a monster lead and a very fast low driven which if you missed with the first did not leave much time for a second shot.

was the long crosser within the distance limits or have the rules got overlooked
was the long crosser within the distance limits or were the rules overlooked?

Last edited by a moderator:
was the long crosser within the distance limits or were the rules overlooked?
I don

I don't know but I guess the trap would have been on the maximum distance limit but it was the sheer speed of the target which made it difficult. So when shooting from position one I was hitting the target way past position five.

Nice review Chesterse, good luck Ed and Matt shoot well. I would be interested in how you get on at the compact and what you think of the format as thinking of possibly shooting the one at barbury  :yes:

Hope I can manage to not embarrass myself - am booked on for all of these this year!

"Hope I can manage to not embarrass myself"

Reckon you're gonna have to join the queue for that one Matt. Looks like you are on the Compak with me and Pam at 10am on Saturday, then we are on FSP for 1pm.

Looks like we may have the weather bad enough to give us a good excuse though, so that's a banker  :prankster:

Excellent, will be good to meet you... we should align on excuses so that we look better on here when we come back...

Where did you get the squad info from?

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Indeed.... but we are hardy, tough stuff..... plus, we're good at moaning after the event.

Anyone have a post code that will get my satnav close to Hepworth Hall? My first visit....

For anyone interested in the results so far, I see they are coming up on Hepworth Hall on Facebook.

Latest posts

Back