Heavy non - toxic shells ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squimp

I need a small quantity of fairly heavy (maybe 32 - 36g with size 3 or 4 shot) non-toxic cartridges for shooting cormorants (legally) over a SSSI lake.

Does anybody have any recommendations eg steel vs bismuth etc etc. The lower the recoil the better -  but given I will only be firing one or two at a sitting, I guess I can grin and bear it ! 

Tungsten is good. Bismuth I've only ever been appalled at, Steel can work ok but in big shot sizes I'd be looking at 1s or BB to get the job done at any sort of range.

Hevi shot is also not bad

Sorry to butt in, Ed what tungsten do you suggest, I share your view of bismuth..

Squimp - What gun are you using, steel isn't very kind to guns and you have to be careful if they are HP steel.

The ones I got given were Kent I think, 50g 3s from memory and they seemed to do the job even out at range

I shot ducks the other day with the gamebore tmx (tungsten iron matrix) with 32 gram 5's and they killed incredibly well. Think they are £30 per box ish and you can get a fair range of sizes and loads. It converts at a similar density to lead also I believe.

Latest posts

Back