gamebore black gold vs eley superb

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gave a guy a box of shells to finish a layout with, he gave me a box of Superbs in return, shot them in practice...broke every clay I hit, was surprised at how thumpy they were on the shoulder!!!

Gave a guy a box of shells to finish a layout with, he gave me a box of Superbs in return, shot them in practice...broke every clay I hit, was surprised at how thumpy they were on the shoulder!!!
Do you mean you hit every clay you fired at ? Superbs aren't a soft shell, at the end of the day they're fairly fast but I have always found their quick recoil pulse to be easy to live with compared to some slightly slower shells that seem to have a dirtier/more noticeable cycle.

Do you mean you hit every clay you fired at ? Superbs aren't a soft shell, at the end of the day they're fairly fast but I have always found their quick recoil pulse to be easy to live with compared to some slightly slower shells that seem to have a dirtier/more noticeable cycle.
No, they broke every clay I hit with them, they also had a LOT more recoil than the Grand Italia's I had been shooting with, without being noticeably faster...

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't come on here correcting me , you know I love Paddy's .
You have photographs to prove it.
 Yes I did get carried away a bit , but is that not usual for me?
Most people just wish someone would carry me away.

Find a cartridge that you can afford, is readily available and suits you and your gun , sorted.
Solway at Tamworth sell Fiocchi  and are open until 4 pm on Saturdays unless you arrive at 3.40 when they are closed.

Don't you mean Solware? They don't sell Eleys anymore because some old geezer from Shropshire bought the last 3 thousand and get half of them to fire.
sorry I work for Solware we don't sell Eley cartridges!!! We never have!!

Well i went to Mickley Hall and bought a slab of White Gold instead of my usual Superbs.

Shot 1st 50 clays with Superbs & 2nd 50 with Gamebore.

Only thing i noticed with my limited knowledge was that the White Golds definitely had more of a thump.

Will be going back to my Superbs once this slab has been used up.

Chris R

Clever T2, very good and about £190 I think now. Clean, not thumpy, good patterns, never had a misfire in thousands of them.

Moved to Rio Target 20. Very similar shell to above, even cheaper at about £165 (just gone up). Very happy accepting that every time I miss it is me not the cartridge.

Back