gamebore black gold vs eley superb

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkeyk80

i have been using black golds which i find excellent,but price is creeping up too much. i can buy the white golds but they are so close to price of the blacks i see little point in using them! has anyone got any other brands they find good value??? i have been thinking about the eley superb or blues,or should i shut up and stick with black golds????

I am using Hull superfast 27 gram, work really well and easy on the pocket just as fast as the black golds.

Clarkey mate, get on the superb they are easier on the teeth and the pocket

Last edited by a moderator:
i have been using black golds which i find excellent,but price is creeping up too much. i can buy the white golds but they are so close to price of the blacks i see little point in using them! has anyone got any other brands they find good value??? i have been thinking about the eley superb or blues,or should i shut up and stick with black golds????
I've used Black & White Golds but apart from more kick and cost can't tell them apart from Eley Superbs which I've used for ever. I've shot half of what's available nationally and 95% of what you can get locally but for comp use think the Superbs have the best blend of cost & performance. The Express Super Comp is also on a par with anything out there but let down by being too dear.

Tricky one really, I used superbs for ages and they are a good shell, did have a thumpy batch though so switched to Hull Pro one DTL300's, very smooth, excellent kills, now a little on the pricey side. Have been shooting white golds for a while, very good shell, dont like black golds myself, way too thumpy and the price is a tad eye watering.

I don't think there's anything to separate the quality shells on the market, other than perceived recoil.

i have to say i dont have a recoil problem,the gun absorbs all that. The £200 plus a thou bothers me especially if you shoot 250+ a weekend. what is the best shot size in the superbs 7.5 or 8?? i usually shoot a 8 or 6.5 in the black golds.

If you want a more refined shell than f black go for official sporting from fiocchi lovely shell

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Please read the title.

Black Gold versus Eley Superb.

Do not mention other brands such as Fiocchi being better, because Fiocchi are not as good as RC, Clever or best value for money out of the lot, Cheddite  available from Malmo Guns.

No I don't shoot Cheddite myself at the moment as I am wading through thousands of Eley Olympics that I am lucky if I get 22 shots out of a box of 25. But once they are gone they are gone. 

I shoot the cheapest shell I can find and I don't mind changing brands when I have to and I do OK, I like Superbs but a bit expensive so it's Olympics when I can get them or FOB Vipers, 3 guys I shoot with are team shooters and they also shoot the cheapest shells they can find (GB's) and they pic up a lot of wins and prize money so I think spending big money on shells is over kill. 

Thanks guys, Going down the fiocchi line i wont be wasting any money on them!!!!!! tried f black trap ,fblu, fblack sporting plas and fibre and ALL OF THEM HAVE HAD PRIMER PROBLEMS!!!! although the agent took them back 5000 of them not a few slabs i might add i'm fed up with the waste of time it all involves. before i get it must be your gun comments i have used eley, gamebore ,hull , fob and never had a problem. i shoot quite a bit and the gamebore are very good it just hurts the pocket to buy them. just want a good quality shell for fair money thats reliable. perhaps i should shut up and just carry on with the bg's.

Clarkey mate , don't tell me you've spent that three grand you won at the white gold already

I know you've got a big holiday coming up but keep a bit back for some lead ( . )

You got to speculate to accumulate and if I know you you've got some serious shooting planned this year

No aint spent it all yet....  yes got  lots of comps planned pretty much every weekend till september. just want to save 20-30 quid where you can its nearly a entry fee per thousand on some shells.....

Please read the title.

Black Gold versus Eley Superb.

Do not mention other brands such as Fiocchi being better, because Fiocchi are not as good as RC, Clever or best value for money out of the lot, Cheddite available from Malmo Guns.

No I don't shoot Cheddite myself at the moment as I am wading through thousands of Eley Olympics that I am lucky if I get 22 shots out of a box of 25. But once they are gone they are gone.

Are you not contradicting yourself there Peter?

Don't come on here correcting me , you know I love Paddy's .

You have photographs to prove it.

Yes I did get carried away a bit , but is that not usual for me?

Most people just wish someone would carry me away.

Find a cartridge that you can afford, is readily available and suits you and your gun , sorted.

Solway at Tamworth sell Fiocchi  and are open until 4 pm on Saturdays unless you arrive at 3.40 when they are closed.

Don't come on here correcting me , you know I love Paddy's .

You have photographs to prove it.

Yes I did get carried away a bit , but is that not usual for me?

Most people just wish someone would carry me away.

Find a cartridge that you can afford, is readily available and suits you and your gun , sorted.

Solway at Tamworth sell Fiocchi  and are open until 4 pm on Saturdays unless you arrive at 3.40 when they are closed.

Disclaimer:- Sale of Goods Act.

Please be aware that the above comments are not meant to reflect badly about Solware of Tamworth.

I have not bought my Eley's from Solware and they are not responsible in any way for the absolutely abbyssmal quality of a product that USED to represent the finest in British Manufacturing and The Shooting World.

It really does reflect badly on the cartridge manufacturing industry when we get so many quality issues from so many of the manufacturers.

I understand that Fiocchi have recently had issues , Express recently had issues , now pardon the pun but manufacturing a cartridge is hardly rocket science, it shouldn't be too difficult to assemble approximately 8 components and have batch sampling quality control tests should it?

I have no connection or financial interest in The Hull Cartridge Company, I do not use their products , but in over sixty years of shooting I have never heard or seen a defective Hull cartridge.

Finally an apology to Solware who are open on Saturdays until 4p.m. 

A Gentleman who complained that they had closed early last Saturday checked his watch and found that Mickey's hand had stuck under Minnie's dress.

Latest posts

Back