Free Contact Lens Fitting Day

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdLyons

Hello everyone, Ed here!

Some of you may have read about the new Duette contact lens that Nick T is wearing - this is a "Hybrid" type of contact lens that gives the wearer all the benefits of an RGP (Rigid Gas Permeable) contact lens with the comfort of a soft lens.

It is essentially a RGP centre with a silicone hydrogel soft skirt at the edges.

The main benefits are:

Clearer, crisper vision.

Accurate control of Astigmatism.

Healthier eyes as the lens is more "breathable".

I am having a fitting day on Thursday 13th December at my Wolverhampton practice - this essentially gives me the chance to play with some new equipment and lens materials and, as such, there are a couple of spaces up for grabs to be fitted free of charge!

Suitable candidates are current contact lens wearers, especially those with astigmatism, lapsed wearers due to focus/comfort problems and of course, anyone else who just wants to have a go!

There are very limited places so please inbox me and applications will be processed in order.

All the best,

Ed

I was there... will write it up at some point (the guys from Duette are sending me a few pics) - the Duette worked for me in one eye, and not the other. So ed is working up a strategy that will take me to the next stage in the contact lens journey - its great to be working with a perfectionist.

Did you get any takers Ed?
Yes we had a pretty full and varied clinic - three shooters, a pro motorcycle racer and a mum of four.

It was a really great exercise to work with some brand new products to the contact lens market...only downside is we spent 10K on equipment  :eek:   BUT it helps me provide a better service so it's all looking positive for the new year!

...only downside is we spent 10K on equipment  :eek:   BUT it helps me provide a better service so it's all looking positive for the new year!
Yeah, but what AMAZING equipment - a full colour contour map of the surface of my eyes.... @EdLyons - can you give the fella a nudge to send me those pictures?

Back