Four Counties 16/9

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed Will, a couple too many flying pencils.

I shot like a complete muppet again, even put the gun back in the car after 5 stands and just watched Mrs Fuz for a stand or 2. Finished off as Mrs Fuz was doing ok and ended up with a woeful 61.

Think this is the start of my winter "have a play at some other stuff" come early as I think I've just about shot myself out lately :(

You can overdo it. The one HG I got at a reg shoot was after a three week lay off.

The middle stands on that course were always going to expose any failings..

I struggled on 3 stands -

stand 8 I think was the R>L midi, followed by the turbo battue looper quartering away L>R: 1 scored.

Stand 12 - messed up here, hit only one of the L>R battue and hit one of the R>L: 2 scored

Stand 1 - struggled to see the pair TBH. Possibly I had the wrong bins on: 3 or 4 scored

I had two straights and a 9 so happy with those. Rest of it was a pile of turd on my part: a woeful 64.

78 was leading C when I left which is a good knock IMO. I think there was a 91 overall leading it (just for Will).

Funny thing was, got the gun out again and thought fcuk this just gonna shoot the damn things as soon as they are off the arm and I hit more. I can guarantee nobody dusted those rabbits as early as me and the simo blaze away I nearly shot the trap!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aha was stand 8 a battue? would have been nice to know :angry:

92 leading when i left Robin Blamire(local Will)

78 leading C class well shot Robo with teepee close behind with 75.

I shot two woefully consistant 65's here and at gunsite.

Shot the Battue ok on stand 8 it was the crooser i was missing until the last one when the ref said it was a midi, been over leading it by a mile

Good mix today I thought, made you think a bit! Had a car wreck on stand 12, just could not find that looper! Head all over the place and only hit one crosser to completely bugger up what was going to be a bloody good round! Finished on 75, which most will say is a good score, but considering the few simple ones I missed, coupled with the nightmare on 12, I was on for an 80 plus! :cry:

Went round again for fun, and STILL couldn't find the looper on 12! :huh:

I feel some loopy practice coming on!

Good to see a few familiar faces, Tiptop, Fuz and the Mrs, Tobi, and I think our illustrious admin was out there when i left? Also took the chance to say Hi to Mark at last! ;)

Clever, we've been at the same shoots a few times lately, and I still haven't said hello! Maybe if I knew what you looked like, it would work! :D

Well shot Robo, leading C on 78 when I left! :D

I always enjoy the shoots at 4C's .. Happy with a 78 today :)

Shot with out the front bead on the Gold E today as I've found my self looking at it to much on the last couple of shoots , seems to work well .

Well shot Tony for your 75 mate and good to see many from the shoot clay massive out in force today

Good mix today I thought, made you think a bit! Had a car wreck on stand 12, just could not find that looper! Head all over the place and only hit one crosser to completely bugger up what was going to be a bloody good round! Finished on 75, which most will say is a good score, but considering the few simple ones I missed, coupled with the nightmare on 12, I was on for an 80 plus! :cry:

Went round again for fun, and STILL couldn't find the looper on 12! :huh:

I feel some loopy practice coming on!

Good to see a few familiar faces, Tiptop, Fuz and the Mrs, Tobi, and I think our illustrious admin was out there when i left? Also took the chance to say Hi to Mark at last! ;)

Clever, we've been at the same shoots a few times lately, and I still haven't said hello! Maybe if I knew what you looked like, it would work! :D

Well shot Robo, leading C on 78 when I left! :D
Nice to meet you at last! sorry I couldn't hang around for a chat but Mrs was working at lunchtime so had to dash to have the kids. Will buy the brews nxt time! Do you know how B class looked? shot a 79 which was ok as hadn't shot since gun adjustment. I totally agree that the lack of boards was a screw up, thought it was a reqment on a registered shoot. Apart from that great service and excellent trappers as per.

I always enjoy the shoots at 4C's .. Happy with a 78 today :)

Shot with out the front bead on the Gold E today as I've found my self looking at it to much on the last couple of shoots , seems to work well .

Well shot Tony for your 75 mate and good to see many from the shoot clay massive out in force today
Spent loads on my gun for what I can afford and even more getting it to fit me. Removing the bead however,......the best mod I ever made!

Why would anyone want one?

Never shot at 4cs before, made the trip today as I'm trying to get about a little more. Managed to post an 84, didn't struggle with anything, just dropped to many straight forward targets. Impressed with the shoot, ran smoothly, no broken birds and polite and helpfull scorers. By no means an easy shoot, I feel like at newbold locals will always be at the top. The only criticism is they could use menu boards in the stand to help a little.

Spent loads on my gun for what I can afford and even more getting it to fit me. Removing the bead however,......the best mod I ever made!

Why would anyone want one?
Same as especially the glow in the dark red beads.

Never shot at 4cs before, made the trip today as I'm trying to get about a little more. Managed to post an 84, didn't struggle with anything, just dropped to many straight forward targets. Impressed with the shoot, ran smoothly, no broken birds and polite and helpfull scorers. By no means an easy shoot, I feel like at newbold locals will always be at the top. The only criticism is they could use menu boards in the stand to help a little.
Sorry I missed you Steve. 84?? Did you close both eyes or summat?? :.:

Stand 8 was a standard set as a flat looper - I went and looked at the trap after missing them all! Hit the crosser well enough. I shot round with RadRac - 66 for me, wasn't unhappy with that given the jetlag/hangover/ringing ears I had.

Oh - and good to see Robo there - nice sandbagging shooting ;)

Back