forgot to mention something on my application?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Hamish 99

I have been sitting having dinner with my wife talking about old Times.

Anyway she mentioned something and the penny dropped that I forgot about.

That 13 or 14 years ago I got signed off work with stress for a couple of 

weeks and the doctor did prescribe drugs that I never took.

So the question  is. As I have send my application  away should I call on Monday

and let them know?

cheers 

Hamish

Hamish, 

With a nine month wait , you will probably have forgotten about by then. :lol:

Best do it now rather than they come across it.

I believe that there is a constabulary that is reviewing ALL licenses in depth due to finding some anomalies and licences revoked as a result. 

No doubt it will at some point happen in other areas. 

I would not worry too much the police are not stupid and will see it for what it is. A long time ago and a one off mild stress related problem. If they were to hold stress against you 90% of the force would be layed off.

IPS,

100% of most forces would put in for early retirement on stress grounds if they could :D

A friend had a confrontation with FLO some years ago and made a complaint about the FLO's foul and abusive language.

The FLO was suspended, had an inquiry and was given early retirement on medical grounds (stress) and now lives happily ever after in the South of France on a very lucrative pension and in perfect health.

Hamish, now you have divulged information on here , I would have a word with Plod on Monday ( if they answer the telephone???).

I had stress related episode when I was in my mid 20's after a nasty injury and was put on medication, I am now 42 and mentioned this on my application 2 months ago, I had to get a letter from my GP to ensure I wasn't a danger to myself or the public, being plod I like to think I'm not a danger. Anyway cert was granted, it's best to be honest.

I had stress related episode when I was in my mid 20's after a nasty injury and was put on medication, I am now 42 and mentioned this on my application 2 months ago, I had to get a letter from my GP to ensure I wasn't a danger to myself or the public, being plod I like to think I'm not a danger. Anyway cert was granted, it's best to be honest.
Yeah same here, disclose EVERYTHING and be happy to talk about it in interview and it should be fine :)

Back