First fitasc in 16 years

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy

Shot my first fitasc in 16years today. The east Midlands intercounties at sporting targets. Didn't start well with a gun warning on the first peg and I missed 8 on that layout but picked up after that and finished on 81. Enjoyed it apart from the £64 birds only entry price.

Shot my first fitasc in 16years today. The east Midlands intercounties at sporting targets. Didn't start well with a gun warning on the first peg and I missed 8 on that layout but picked up after that and finished on 81. Enjoyed it apart from the £64 birds only entry price.
As I was unclassified I went birds only. They classed me in C and would have been 2nd place ☹️

Are there less traps and referees than sporting?
Basic unit is a course – it has 25 targets.

Now – to get there you usually have 2 options:

• 3 stands of 8+8+9 targets (pros – less referees (3), less machines (9), cons – smaller-slower flow of shooters (3 squads at the time)
  • 5 stands od 5+5+5+5+5 targets (pros - bigger-faster flow of shooters (5 squads at the time, cons – more referees (5) more machines (15)
If you put up a shoot of 100 targets you need 4 courses (25)/day or in case of 200 4 courses/day for 2 days

If you put up a shoot of 150 targets you need 3 courses (25)/day in 2 days or 3 courses (25) twice/day.

World and European championships are shot on 8 different courses, shot 50 targets/day – you never shoot same course twice.

Supersporting is making some inroads but and it’s cheaper but imo. you can’t beat the old system 4 layouts for 100 birds with breaks in between and takes all day.
I know I’ll get shot down but the Fitasc we used to to have at Grimsthorpe along those lines was for me the “Rolls Royce” of clay shooting in the U.K.

Supersporting is making some inroads but and it’s cheaper but imo. you can’t beat the old system 4 layouts for 100 birds with breaks in between and takes all day.
I know I’ll get shot down but the Fitasc we used to to have at Grimsthorpe along those lines was for me the “Rolls Royce” of clay shooting in the U.K.
Grimsthorpes fitascs were absolute world class and a belting day out. Proper fitasc and proper shooting.

I was paying £55 for a 100 FITASC 16 years ago.So it's gone up £9 hardly extortionate is it

Latest posts

Back