England Selection and S E inter counties ESP 100 Targets and 100 STR Southdown gun Club 20th ,21st April

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southdown

Hi All

Anyone wishing to shoot the sportrap either day please ring and book beforehand as we have squads already on both days .01903 877555 or book via this thread.

Thanks Shaun P

Hi Shaun - can you please book Wendy and me on for the Sportrap on the Saturday. Early squad if poss, just in case we want to do the sporting as well. Thanks - Bob

Any other ShootClayers?

Yep... and me.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Just got back from shooting this, pretty good course, a couple of tricky stands, one in particular seemed to cause some very good shots to miss buckets loads, me included. Ended on 86 not bad but miles from the very top shots, did manage to shoot 93 on the sportrap, which was nice.

I thought it was an excellent layout until I lost six targets and both retinas attempting stand 9. Isn't a tower mini hard enough without throwing it into the sun plus a rule that it must be shot as a driven and not a crosser? Same for everyone I suppose? No not really - in the morning you had to shoot it driven, by the afternoon you could shoot it how you like!

Finished on 88 and I can't help wondering what might have been.

I saw some much better shots than me drop a sh1tload as well.

Sorry about the moaning - I think I'm getting old.....!

I thought it was an excellent layout until I lost six targets and both retinas attempting stand 9. Isn't a tower mini hard enough without throwing it into the sun plus a rule that it must be shot as a driven and not a crosser? Same for everyone I suppose? No not really - in the morning you had to shoot it driven, by the afternoon you could shoot it how you like!

Finished on 88 and I can't help wondering what might have been.

I saw some much better shots than me drop a sh1tload as well.

Sorry about the moaning - I think I'm getting old.....!
Just got back from what could have been a very good shoot marred by the dreaded stand 9 :huh:  , 3 away on stands 1 to 8 so I was shooting quite well, managed only one away on 12 as well but sorry to say 9, 10 and 11 were poorly thought out in my view. All three featured two hard targets plus looking into the sun as well ! I dropped 7 x 8 on stand nine and found out my eyes aren't able to look into the sun directly :hunter:   :fie:  , you had two hard targets here, one a mini rather high tower target that couldn't be seen period and then had to turn 90 degrees left to shoot a very fast distant R/L crosser that you couldn't see till out of sweet spot ! To top all this the same stand broke down all the time, took me over an hour to eventually shoot it. Four hours drive and £41 to enter as well, 9 defo ruined a good day, hope I never have to suffer the same anywhere. Congratulations to Kevin Howland who shot a class 96 on Saturday.

Back