East Mids Regional Committee Vs CPSA Board

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The feelings of Salopian and Outlaw reflect my own exactly. I only renewed my membership this year in a last ditch hope that we might see some changes this year. If nothing happens then I will definitely not join next year.

What's the point in flogging a dead horse? NONE!!

Like a lot of other clay shooters I don't need the CPSA but am happy to support them if they are doing a good job for the sport but the way that our money has been wasted of late and the arrogant attitude of the board towards its members just isn't acceptable any more.

At the AGM, I met the directors for the first time. The notable thing was that they are not all arrogant. They seem genuinely committed to making some changes to the articles to put some more structure in place and looking to find a better way to elect chairman etc. It looks to me that the board as a whole have received poor advice in the past on a number of issues. But it also seems that they are wanting to get this right now. I think they should be supported in this by an engaged membership, as going forwards, getting this right may stop the level of politics we have seen in recent years.

Quite right.....the Articles are the Key...

They have to be robust and not leaking like a sieve

The stupid thing is, the members will miss the CPSA when its gone and they will complain their money has been wasted, they wont know on what and wont know why, this is because no one cares. No one wants to sit and read through all the political clap trap and they dont want to waste their saturday morning driving miles to see a cockup unfold at another mind numbing AGM.

I care so does Nic, Colin, and about 800 members, so while we care there will be a CPSA, when we stop caring it will be too late and the rest of the 22k members will be left with nowt!

If you dont vote you dont have a right to complain. 

I am still deliberating over my renewal of my membership simply because I can get what I need from other associations to allow me to shoot. I would love to support our gov body but will they support me? Nah. The membership are just people who happily pay their membership over to the CPSA for what? If someone can justify the membership cost to me go for it because I cant see what I get for it as a low class shooter, most of the deals and offers in the voucher/discount book didnt apply to me unless I was travelling abroad of was so loaded my snap caps are diamond encrusted gold ones.

The only thing I ever saw happen for shooters like myself were county shoots were there were free teas and coffee laid on by the grounds, however in my old county we did have trophies for all Vet, senior, lady, junior and colts and that was because I went out and got them sponsored by shooting related businesses in my county. 

Its at County level the best work is done for the member.

Scrap the board and run the CPSA like a business, just the CEO and the HQ staff with a handful of advisors randomly selected each year from a list of people willing to waste a year of their lives for the likes of us numpty shooters. 

I am still smarting over the comments made by Mark Vessy about low class shooters at a regional meeting a few years ago, We aint worthy of his time unless we are paying into a prize pot for him to win, he made my piss boil and still does and I am happy to convey this to him. Not what a regional committee member should be saying about the membership he is supposed to represent. Funny the comments never made the South East region minutes. I wonder if they are recorded by the same person who does the CPSA AGM minutes?

I do like Outlaws comments. All I can say is that no one that I know of regretted the day that he moved to New Zealand although I'm told that he took some of our county trophies with him.

As for his attitude ,it very much emulates that of Emilio Orduna who used to be top man at the  CPSA several years ago. I actually left the CPSA at that time because I got fed up with reading his ramblings in Pull magazine telling the membership that we were a worthless bunch of nobody's whose only purpose was to finance those more capable than ourselves.

Thankfully he left the organisation and went back home to either Spain or Portugal. Good riddance.

He caused so much trouble in the clay shooting fraternity that we are still paying the price .It was because of him that Johnny Walker broke away from the CPSA and set up the English Skeet Club as an alternative for skeet shooters in the country.

Outlaw

I can see where your coming from in your recent post, I am however one of those who is satisfied with what I get for my yearly subscription. I have only been shooting seriously for about 14 months & the wife 10 months, we love it. Now the subscription, at the moment neither of us feel sufficiently advanced to try a registered shoot (it's coming) we shoot every week where we can, we have through our CPSA membership, 1 insurance important for both of us, 2 access to the rest of the clay shooting world via website & less so I  agree the pull magazine, 3 very important a feeling of belonging to a nationally recognized body for our chosen sport.

As a relative newcomer maybe I still have a few stars in my eyes, time will tell. I do however look forward to the time when all the current arguing comes to an end & ever body can just enjoy the sport. I do agree about the voucher book though, a waste of printing ink.

Good shooting

Michael.

Pre-internet days very few shooters knew what was going on in the shooting world, unless you attended meetings or read out of date news in the monthly mags.

This forum enables news to be nearly insantanious such as what happened at the AGM, in years gone by a couple of months would have passed before any information was fed back to the membership.

I agree with Outlaw's comment of doing away with the Board as it seems thats where most of the problems lie.

Outlaw

I can see where your coming from in your recent post, I am however one of those who is satisfied with what I get for my yearly subscription. I have only been shooting seriously for about 14 months & the wife 10 months, we love it. Now the subscription, at the moment neither of us feel sufficiently advanced to try a registered shoot (it's coming) we shoot every week where we can, we have through our CPSA membership, 1 insurance important for both of us, 2 access to the rest of the clay shooting world via website & less so I  agree the pull magazine, 3 very important a feeling of belonging to a nationally recognized body for our chosen sport.

As a relative newcomer maybe I still have a few stars in my eyes, time will tell. I do however look forward to the time when all the current arguing comes to an end & ever body can just enjoy the sport. I do agree about the voucher book though, a waste of printing ink.

Good shooting

Michael.

Micheal, I hope with any new changes that are made at board level we have the likes of Mr Butler and hope he has the backing of people like Nicola Heron, they are it seems the only people who seem to give a toss at the moment. I have been there got the t shirt and read the book and its same old same old. Until things improve for the average shooter I will remain a non member. 

There are plenty of things for new shooters to look forward to, lead shot being banned, increased costs for shooting across the board, which the CPSA can do nothing about I might add. The lead ban topic has been done to death on many forums, but it will happen one day we just dont know when, and its unlikely the CPSA will do anything about it. FDrom all the outspoken people we have on here there is a good looking board here alone, but how many of us would really bother trying to get on the board? Keyboard warriors dont make a jot of difference, but active trustworthy shooters can. I would suggest any new shooter contacts their county committee as I did years ago, I didnt even know how to shoot a county shoot until I spoke to our long ago ex chairman, I was then plonked on the committee to help out and until 4 years ago I was an active and hardworking member of the south east region and chairman of Buckinghamshire. How times have changed, I am now disillussioned of Berkshire.

Outlaw....just to clarify....I do not back 'people or personalities' ......I back what is right for the Association (IMHO and as far as my knowledge allows) ......and at the moment that objective is getting the Articles of Association into a good, clear and robust state.

As and when the candidates for Chair declare themselves....I will look at the beauty parade......and what they have to say in their 'pen portraits'.

At the moment we have no idea 'who' will decide to stand and therefore i have no view yet. I just hope that this time the people who want our votes actually declare that they are interested enough in our views to put up. When walking into the AGM last Saturday....only one director had done that.

I would also hope that the next time the Directors are assembled in front of the membership.....that they look more welcoming that an old fashioned 1980's TUC meeting. :smile:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back