DT11's

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if you mean second hand, or even RH/LH but there are a few new ones out there if you try the usual places
If I was going to buy a new one, i'd go to the factory and get if fitted.  £11500 at Doveridge for the trip which is expensive.  Other places sell them at £9500'ish.  

I am sure a used one will come up. I can get stock made or just buy a beretta trap stock and Bobs your uncle for around £8000 all in.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was going to buy a new one, i'd go to the factory and get if fitted.  £11500 at Doveridge for the trip which is expensive. 
I'm at least assuming that would include the complete gun? At that price, a new DT11 black and a new ergosign stock would be within reach over here.  

I'm at least assuming that would include the complete gun? At that price, a new DT11 black and a new ergosign stock would be within reach over here.  
Yes that would be the complete gun. I fancy the DT11L because it has engraving. GMK can supply a trap stock and Beavertail forend with dimensions that are close to my own. I just need a price.

Having said that, Premier guns said that they can supply a new gun with the stock style that I want for no extra cost.

I'm confused about the fitted stock component that is supposedly included when buying a (any?) new DT11. Is it a specific package, does it just apply to some guns and not to others, and if it applies to the gun you buy, do you swap out the stock that it was shelved on? 

In looking at various DT's I spoke to one guy selling a DT11 black who felt like he had been cheated out of the custom stock for lack of the dealer even telling him about it. It had a standard (though adjustable) stock on it, but at least to his mind he should have been allowed to get a stock fitted and made. I find it hard to picture every buyer of a DT being welcome in the custom shop, but then again a DT11 isn't exactly cheap. I've been looking at S/H options mostly, but I have yet to hear a dealer in NL touting the benefits of buying new and getting the custom stock fitting. 

I'm confused about the fitted stock component that is supposedly included when buying a (any?) new DT11. Is it a specific package, does it just apply to some guns and not to others, and if it applies to the gun you buy, do you swap out the stock that it was shelved on? 

In looking at various DT's I spoke to one guy selling a DT11 black who felt like he had been cheated out of the custom stock for lack of the dealer even telling him about it. It had a standard (though adjustable) stock on it, but at least to his mind he should have been allowed to get a stock fitted and made. I find it hard to picture every buyer of a DT being welcome in the custom shop, but then again a DT11 isn't exactly cheap. I've been looking at S/H options mostly, but I have yet to hear a dealer in NL touting the benefits of buying new and getting the custom stock fitting. 
A custom fitted stock isn't included in the cost of a dt11. You have the option of the dealer arranging a different type of standard stock on the gun you buy as Geordieboy above has said (trap stock on a sporter)no visit to the factory is needed for this, just a good dealer. The other option is a VIP trip to the factory for a custom stock but this does carry an additional cost implication on top of the price of the gun.

I have shot DT11s before and I can’t fault them, a friend had one and looking back now I should have bought it, when he “upgraded” to a k80.  Was an older one (2013) with so say the lighter barrels but it still shot very well. 

Ive got a Caesar guerini invictus 3 now which I do like and rate very highly,  but I could have gone either way to this or the Dt11, it was the price that influenced me more at that point as I shot both well.  If I could have both I would.

When people say the DT10 is a superior gun I personally wouldn’t agree,  after shooting both the Dt11 felt superior in every way.

Hope my input helps

Lee

I know Amber Hill shoots a DT11, winning the gold medal in India after a shoot off, notice all the others in the Final also shot DT11's!!

Possibly but whoever sponsors you it still has to be put in the right place to score.
That's why they sponsor you isn't it, they don't tend to sponsor the bad shooters.Probably why I have to buy my own 😉

A custom fitted stock isn't included in the cost of a dt11. You have the option of the dealer arranging a different type of standard stock on the gun you buy as Geordieboy above has said (trap stock on a sporter)no visit to the factory is needed for this, just a good dealer. The other option is a VIP trip to the factory for a custom stock but this does carry an additional cost implication on top of the price of the gun.
So I finally scratched the itch and settled on a used DT11 Black, as I got a pretty good deal on it from the dealer. He had it on the shelf since I first saw it, so I suppose he got tired of me making offers on it. It has the standard (non-adjustable) stock, which shoots well enough (with an extension) for me, but I will eventually head off to Portugal to see a Mr. Ricardo about the (metal and) woodwork. I fancy setting it up with a CAS and a fitted grip, but none of that fits in the "essential travel only" at this point. 

Triggers are better than the 692 and perceived recoil is maybe a touch less, sightwise I don't really notice a difference. Happy seeing the clays break well.     

So I finally scratched the itch and settled on a used DT11 Black, as I got a pretty good deal on it from the dealer. He had it on the shelf since I first saw it, so I suppose he got tired of me making offers on it. It has the standard (non-adjustable) stock, which shoots well enough (with an extension) for me, but I will eventually head off to Portugal to see a Mr. Ricardo about the (metal and) woodwork. I fancy setting it up with a CAS and a fitted grip, but none of that fits in the "essential travel only" at this point. 

Triggers are better than the 692 and perceived recoil is maybe a touch less, sightwise I don't really notice a difference. Happy seeing the clays break well.     
Hope you enjoy it. They are lovely guns once you have them set up how you want them.

Latest posts

Back