DT11 steel shot proof?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke to my local gunsmith who actually sold the gun originally. He said that because the dt11 was intended to be a competition gun that beretta didn't see the need to fdl proof them until the last couple of years. As is evident some were fdl proofed but some still slipped through without, until the last couple of years where they all definitely had it. He was of the opinion that it was built to the same standards as all the others so should pass fdl proof no problem if I feel the need to do it at some point.

Yeah that makes sense. Would be odd if they were to make barrels of the same type in different alloys, off and on. I could see how they might not FDL guns with very narrow chokes out of an abundance of caution, but that doesn’t apply if yours is multichoke.

In theory, could it have been multichoked after a life as a fixed choke-set?  

Yeah that makes sense. Would be odd if they were to make barrels of the same type in different alloys, off and on. I could see how they might not FDL guns with very narrow chokes out of an abundance of caution, but that doesn’t apply if yours is multichoke.

In theory, could it have been multichoked after a life as a fixed choke-set?  
No it definitely has the factory fitted optima hp. If they had been retro fitted they would be briley or teague thin walls.

Back