DT10 Bit long in the tooth?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve jumped between DT10 & DT11 on the same shoot and sometimes on the same stand. For me, and it may be more down to familiarity but I connect better with the later DT11’s. Everyone’s different though. So if you shoot well with it change nothing. 
Yes indeed.  I was referring to later 11s which are similar in weight to the DT10s. 

I've done the exact same live shooting comparison with my CG and an Invictus 7. In terms of handling and feel, neither of us could separate them when actually shooting at clays.

Thanks for all the reply’s. The general condition of the gun is excellent to the point of being a bit of a sleeper. The locking bolts is protruding a good amount, the action is still snug and certainly not loose, the stock is near immaculate condition and both triggers that came with the gun still have all their plating with no signs of wear.

With regards to the scoring, the gun is very tight to put together without applying grease so I think the previous owner may have been a bit tight in that regard. 

It was a toss up between this gun and a new 50th anniversary dt11 and with the £4K saving for me it was a clear winner. I confirmed the purchase today so fingers crossed I continue to shoot it well.

Well done! Fabulous gun. Doesn’t matter how old they are - it’s all about condition and that one looks great!

Yes indeed.  I was referring to later 11s which are similar in weight to the DT10s. 

I've done the exact same live shooting comparison with my CG and an Invictus 7. In terms of handling and feel, neither of us could separate them when actually shooting at clays.
What was the other CG you were shooting. Just asking as I had a Summit and now have a Invictus and they seem nothing like each other in build and when shooting

Mine is a Challenger. The Invictus 7 belongs to a AAA sporting shot. The Invictus has some easily replaced bits such as the reversed hinge stubs and the recoil shoulders but everything else is the same as pre Invictus guns. My gun is unmodified and weighs 8lb 3oz most Invictus model weigh virtually the same or in some case less.

Blimey mine must be a porker then 8lb 13oz but balances beautifully, Invictus 1 Allsport

Friends shotgun is a DT10 adjustable and his comes in at 8lb 9oz but again just doesn't feel heavy when shooting it as they just balance so well

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back