ds chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

wanted  ds chokes for browning 725   , would like 2    3/8  or light mod    flush or extended   ,   do they make em ? 

Ds chokes are nuts.....much more open than they should be so you might what to go a little tighter than you think. The only way to know is pattern what you have and see. After market would be more traditional constriction

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

In that case I seem to be breaking clays rather well with my    er...................................NUTS  !   (2 x I/C Nuts, to be precise !). 

I patterned my Ds chokes and found them to be a tad tight, my IC performs more like 1/2 to 3/8ths. On the other hand I bought a teague 3/8ths and it performs like a 3/4 choke should on the pattern plate.

I use I/C in both of my Sporting and Skeet clay guns and have done for some considerable time. I am not bothered about taking a slice of the front, rear, topside, underside, backside. or indeed any particular side. As long as a 'distinct piece' comes off from the clay, I am happy.  

I patterned my Ds chokes and found them to be a tad tight, my IC performs more like 1/2 to 3/8ths. On the other hand I bought a teague 3/8ths and it performs like a 3/4 choke should on the pattern plate.
yeah my choke gauge fell in the ds 1/4  yikes ,   do the Teague  ds chokes have the brass olive type bit  ?    if not how do they seal properly ? 

No there's no brass olive on them, they just have the seal the old fashion way of it seating to the barrel, I don't get any soot or grime up mine though so they seal well enough without. I ordered some 1/4 teagues this morning as my 3/8ths were too tight.

I did some patterns yesterday at 30 yards, all with the 3/8 th teague in a 725

velocity plus plastic 30" spread maximum

Velocity plus fibre 30 to 32 max

Hull High pheasant fibre 24 to 26"

DSC_1603.JPG

Thesis metre square plate with the pattern of the velocity plastic, centre was very dense as you can see.

DSC_1605.JPG

This is the velocity fibre,bit more even

Found the DS chokes really good, and throw a nice pattern, but a bit unpredictable choke wise, as Browning say its not the measurement that counts but the pattern. Really need to pattern test to find the best results you are looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back