Competition Prizes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian

I have enjoyed shooting the Honesberie Rizzini Competition series this being the third year and I thought I would look at the prizes this year as I have qualified.  Top prize for class and category a gun which is very generous but I notice the supposed Rizzini Ladies/Junior style gun Rizzini V3 is the prize for Class B and C and Classes AA, A and Categories Ladies, Juniors and Vets prize is BR110.  Why do you suppose they have done that?  I won a semi-automatic last year in Ladies which is great but not a chance of it fitting me without extensive work and reluctantly I have put it up for sale as it is just taking up space in my cabinet.  That got me thinking as to how many guns won are actually kept and used rather than just sold.

From what i have seen not very many,less than 5% i would think.

Most people winning guns have been shooting a gun they are happy with or are sponsored so would not change.

Many of the "prize" guns are base models or cheap imports that nobody wants save for their monetary value.

From what i have seen not very many,less than 5% i would think.

Most people winning guns have been shooting a gun they are happy with or are sponsored so would not change.

Many of the "prize" guns are base models or cheap imports that nobody wants save for their monetary value.
I thought as much but why do you suppose they would not put up their intentional Ladies/Junior's gun as the prize for those categories but instead have it as a prize for two classes B and C where the majority will be male and not young.

I thought as much but why do you suppose they would not put up their intentional Ladies/Junior's gun as the prize for those categories but instead have it as a prize for two classes B and C where the majority will be male and not young.
Idiocy?

most guns that are won are sold on. After all, if you won it with your current gun why on earth would you change ??

Doesn’t matter does it? As you say, you might as well be winning a fishing rod, it’s just an inconvenient object that you need to sell on anyway. The sole purpose of guns as prizes is so that gun manufacturers can publish photos of winners holding their product (skipping over the fact that the prize was won with some other brand..). I am in discussion with a certain ground about a certain upcoming event (you work it out..) and I was asked my opinion on this very point. I have suggested a voucher for cartridges of the shooters choice would be a massively more well received prize.

I have suggested a voucher for cartridges of the shooters choice would be a massively more well received prize."

A great idea for the shooter from a shooters point of view just what we want, but as a cartridge company is usually somewhere in the sponsorship they will always want it to be their product and not what you want!

I have suggested a voucher for cartridges of the shooters choice would be a massively more well received prize."

A great idea for the shooter from a shooters point of view just what we want, but as a cartridge company is usually somewhere in the sponsorship they will always want it to be their product and not what you want!
Sorry, I should have said, it would be from the range from their partner cartridge co.

Sorry, I should have said, it would be from the range from their partner cartridge co.
And i guess this takes us back to square one where people will be selling the cartridges/voucher so they can get the ones they actually want.

As said before all about product placement and not in any way about giving the shooter what they want.

Also it seems it is mainly the low end of the range that is offered and people who are winning are not usually using these so they are left with the same dilemma.

I have a stack if English Sporters that i really don't like and i am gradually getting rid of...the only cartridge ever to give me a headache! 45 a slab to anybody locally?

A gun would take up less space ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn’t matter does it? As you say, you might as well be winning a fishing rod, it’s just an inconvenient object that you need to sell on anyway. The sole purpose of guns as prizes is so that gun manufacturers can publish photos of winners holding their product (skipping over the fact that the prize was won with some other brand..). I am in discussion with a certain ground about a certain upcoming event (you work it out..) and I was asked my opinion on this very point. I have suggested a voucher for cartridges of the shooters choice would be a massively more well received prize.
No it doesn't matter to me in the slightest but it just seems really stupid to have a particular gun made for women and youngsters and not use it as the prize for those categories that is all.  I would much rather have cartridges and if I do not like them there is always Tony who will use anything.

I think if I was offered the shell of my choice from any one of the top 5 manufacturers, I would be very happy with that and would shoot them.

I think if I was offered the shell of my choice from any one of the top 5 manufacturers, I would be very happy with that and would shoot them.
So would i ...never seen it happen yet?

At Barbury this year i won some cartridges as part of the prize they were Hull Pro Ones happy to shoot them but every other time i have won cartridges they have been bottom of the range.

i have never been offered a choice manufacturers being TAF...doesn't mean i don't think its a great idea though!

Latest posts

Back