Classification System

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No you didn't, you are AA. You are looking at issue 45 for your average. You need issue 44.
Yep your right, just had another look at it, guess I'll sleep a lot better now  :haha:  

They say it's not getting into AA Class it's staying there  :hi:  

:haha:

Woe is me..... its all over now :bye:   B class beckons :frantics:

Just get on and shoot, you will have to shoot above and beyond to win anything in any class or category,whether in registered or majors. :)

Cant speak for everyone but, to me the drive is to see if I can get in to the highest class possible for each discipline I shoot: if I have calculated it properly I should be in the following:

CSP A

FSP B no change

ESP AA no change

STR AA

Last point about classes, why cant the CPSA have a tool on the website that shows what your projected classes might be given the current scores and averages from around the Country?

Is it Friday yet?

71.7% so means I will be taking my first step up the ladder to B class in ESP .. Might be a while before anymore brown envelops come my way.

Cant speak for everyone but, to me the drive is to see if I can get in to the highest class possible for each discipline I shoot: if I have calculated it properly I should be in the following:

CSP A

FSP B no change

ESP AA no change

STR AA

Last point about classes, why cant the CPSA have a tool on the website that shows what your projected classes might be given the current scores and averages from around the Country?

Is it Friday yet?
Well they have really. You can see your ongoing average (eg issue 45 at the moment) on 'averages and scores'. Then the cut off points vary very little from one period to the next, so it's only if you are right on the cusp that you are left waiting for the official figures.

Sandbagging.......ahhhhhh....!

This has always been the trouble in sporting. Cheating at all levels. The game is not regulated properly. Who would pay large amounts of money to be reffed by a kid. Add to that tiredness, poor weather and losing the will to live.....it is no wonder that they can be pushed into giving birds again. When money is involved there should be qualified refs....or it is never a level playing field.

In FITASC sporting the cheating gets more subtle, but has always been there and it is still there.....probably only a few on here would remember the great open letter to FITASC Paris written by gorgeous George who was sick to death of seeing it.

Point is yes the classifications could be done after each shoot...there is the tech available as another poster said.....who cares if a shooter shoots only the easy shoots and gets into AAA.....it would be obvious who they were when they turned up at a good shoot and put a C class score.

IMHO you should not be able to drop class at all.....once you get up there ....you never come down. Folks the class should be a badge of honour and the higher you get the better.....so why would you want to come down?

Hence I have no interest anymore in shooting sporting or Fitasc sporting seriously.....I have seen where the skeletons are hidden....and how they have been repeated......and I do not like it......so I voted with my feet.
Nicola, I have disagreed with you in the past on some things, but today you are right. When you work hard to get into a class and chuck a lot of money into it to get there. You should be kept there, as you have the ability or did at the time.

This sport is expensive and it is nice to push yourself to get better, but crazy to go backwards.

Stewart

IMHO all score average based classification systems are crap.  The far better system is win/place points based, just like motor racing and a number of other games.  But here the holy average rules since it is pap, actually meaningless as it is, for the multitudes that never have and never will win anything but By God I Have A 96 Average!!

And in something like sporting where there is not even a standard target the average system has reached it's stupid max.

but everybody likes it since it makes them feel good  hmmm  masturbatory seems to spring to mind

have a day

Charlie

71.7% so means I will be taking my first step up the ladder to B class in ESP .. Might be a while before anymore brown envelops come my way.
Come on up mate, even bring the Miroku if you wish. Good luck Robo. stew

They probably could, but yet again, more ammo for the sandbaggers I suppose, if they did that...   :nyam:  

:haha:

Woe is me..... its all over now :bye:   B class beckons :frantics:

Just get on and shoot, you will have to shoot above and beyond to win anything in any class or category,whether in registered or majors. :)
Spoken like a true ballast man with a direct debit from Wylye each month. :crazy:

Nicola, I have disagreed with you in the past on some things, but today you are right. When you work hard to get into a class and chuck a lot of money into it to get there. You should be kept there, as you have the ability or did at the time.

This sport is expensive and it is nice to push yourself to get better, but crazy to go backwards.

Stewart
Nicolas comment is flawed re 'large amounts of money to be reffed by a kid'. It isn't large amounts of money, so ref wages are accordingly low, so you get kids sometimes. (Or adults who arent that fussed, some kids are good). If we want proper refs at ESP shoots the entry fees would rocket.

IMHO all score average based classification systems are crap.  The far better system is win/place points based, just like motor racing and a number of other games.  But here the holy average rules since it is pap, actually meaningless as it is, for the multitudes that never have and never will win anything but By God I Have A 96 Average!!

And in something like sporting where there is not even a standard target the average system has reached it's stupid max.

but everybody likes it since it makes them feel good  hmmm  masturbatory seems to spring to mind

have a day

Charlie
With a 96 average in sporting I think the shooter would be doing some winning. :eek:

The problem with a point based system is how do you drop down a class?

The same top guys win most weeks so that would be 40+ from a class dropping down and 6 from the lower class moving up.

Or if no one drops down then every few weeks the top 6 move up making way for another top 6 until everyone is in the same class.

They should use a similar system as golf!! And if you think I am going to sit here and explain it all you can think again!!!! as you improve you can go up in class very quickly, but a few poor shoots you will only go back down very slowly. Using say 10 targets below your average as a buffer zone.

They should use a similar system as golf!! And if you think I am going to sit here and explain it all you can think again!!!! as you improve you can go up in class very quickly, but a few poor shoots you will only go back down very slowly. Using say 10 targets below your average as a buffer zone.
Where do you think sandbagging originated from...........yes GOLF. :haha:   People putting in bad scores to keep their handicap right so they had a better chance to win when the stakes were good.

Latest posts

Back