Browning Cynergy Views

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oddjob

Having bought and then returned my 682 Gold E (sold a left handed cast stock) I was thinking that it might be a sign to say I'm spending a little too much and should save a few hundred pounds. I picked up a Cynergy in the shop and it felt rather good. Just wondering what people's views on them are? I know the the aesthetics are marmite-esque but I'd like to know how people have found them.

UUUGGGHHH that is all :( Had one, booted me in the face more often than not and got rid sharpish. I had the wooden one with adjustable comb, lady friend of mine had the black synthetic and had to wear a gumshield as the damn thing broke her tooth. She soon got rid and we both ended up with Ultra XS's. If you are saving and have your heart set on a browning go for the XS otherwise go the even more sensible route and get an MK38 :D

An unconventional and much hated gun.. If you were given one, you might just make it shootable by putting a huge amount of weight into the stock.

Thought all you sporting types were a hardy bunch?

I used to have one of the original Cynergy models - odd shaped stock and no comb - was in wood though 'cos I personally don't like synthetic stock shotguns. I found it to be a very useable gun and it didn't kick me at all. In fact got one of my 100 skeet straights with it so can't be that sh*te !

Have moved on now to other guns, but I liked it at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate of mine had the synthetic stock model - massively muzzle-heavy! Mind you, if you need to adjust the stock, you just need a blow-torch! :.:

There's actually a lot to be said for synthetic stocked guns that are purely used as Sunday tools. Yesterday I got a big scare trying to remove the for end from the 682 which appeared to have expanded with the absolute drenching it got.

I bought a none adjustable wood stock trap gun for my wife. Very low recoil and she liked it but the recoil pad used to constantly drag on the clothing so we changed it for a Miroku. I shot it a few times and I have to say that whilst I don't like it, it shot well. Would I buy another---------------no.

Phil

So it seems in need to grab one and shoot it to see if it is a teeth breaker (sounds like the old stock one, anyone know what year they changed it?) or if it's in danger of taking my toes off from a front heavy perspective?

I was looking at wood, so to speak, as I'm not a fan of the synthetic either. The model that has the engraving would be nice, but they seem to be like hen's teeth/above budget

I think Darkside summed it up very well to be honest. :D

Another thing is though, gunsmiths don't like them as when they wear out they are almost impossible to fix.

I've been told by several major shops and three different gunsmiths about this as well as having two clients with guns that could not be fixed properly. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone that shoots a PFS synthetic stocks are no issue to me, guns are just tools to break targets. I've never shot one so cannot comment on their handling but if it works and you like it go for it.

Back