British Open SC

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Booked in for the event, guess it's only because it will probably be the last time shooting there (wind farm).

Last time I shot there it was wild & windy, have heard shooters complaining about the morning Fog, but as yet, not had

that problem there when shooting.

Last year, some so called referee, gave a shooter who was on 100 straight ask for the low bird and missed it, then was given

an option bird 101 targets ..  :fie:    :nyam:

What day are you shooting Ray? I'm booked on for Saturday lunchtime -ish

I did look at that when I booked Saturday but I never shoot well first thing in the morning :(  

Naughty boy.....I missed that as well...!! Shock horror.....

I was referring to your change now you are a skeeter......and not wanting to shoot first in the mornings....... :wink:

What happens if you get drawn 1st squad in a major......your first thought would be 'I don't shoot we'll early in the morning'.

Much better to now go for early and conquer that demon.......true story...!

It's never really bothered me when I shoot, or which peg in the squad, I know some shooters have to be first peg or last peg

otherwise their heads lose it when they start.

Anyways getting back to the point, had I had a choice, then about 11am would suit me on the Sunday, but that was the only space available.

I normally shoot the British, but having had a couple of VERY long drives home from SC in the past after shooting in the dense fog, I'm giving it a miss this year.

Fuz 

Shoot a good score on the Saturday  then any shooter in your class  will know what they have to beat .....puts the pressure on them. Good example of this is the last round of the team selection shoots everyone knowing what score they've got achieve to get in or have a chance ,you watch those normal 24/25 scores drop down and down !!

Fuz 

Shoot a good score on the Saturday  then any shooter in your class  will know what they have to beat .....puts the pressure on them. Good example of this is the last round of the team selection shoots everyone knowing what score they've got achieve to get in or have a chance ,you watch those normal 24/25 scores drop down and down !!
Good advice, exactly what Jess did at the E/O just before I started Saturday afternoon. 98 in C, bosh! thats the way to put the wind up the opposition :)  

Get the mental prep right . . . then it doesn't matter what scores are in

Does if theres a 99 on the board and your in A,B or C class its hard walking out there knowing  you have nowhere to go , i think there is only a few shooters in this country who expect to ton it every time and walk out with that realistic expectation !!

But PMA is the thing to have .......which is very different to walking out with PMT !!!! 

Simple......don't look at scores Fuz.

Always build a score....NEVER...chase a score.....true story..!

You can only shoot what you can shoot on the day.

What Nicola says is 100% true , unfortunately shooters have a great tendency to say things like "theres all ready a 98 in c class " for example ,and the only way to avoid this (hopefully ) is to stay in your car until its time to walk on the range and shoot , in fact one of best skeet shooters we've ever had in this country does exactly that 

I,ve also been travelling to one of the Majors a few years back with Louis (might of been a colt at the time) when the phone in the car has rang and on speaker phone a certain J.W has said Louis's got his work cut out there's already a 98 on the board !!  not good !!

At the end of the day most of us need to shoot a either a PB or straight to win anything at a big comp (fixed disciplines), if you dont you're probably in the wrong class anyway :)

You just have to try to not force it, day after the E/O I went to Northampton and shot a PB 95 which would have put me 3rd at E/O

Last edited by a moderator:
Never look at it like that Fuzz because....it was not the EO..... different day.....different luck....

As for people telling you scores.......shout 'w anker' at the top of your voice every time it happens......they will stop approaching you soon.......true story....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back