Brand New Guy Here..ironically Not A Sportsman

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJAX_1000

Hi Guys,

the Administrator asked me to introduce myself here, since I just joined the forums.

The sport of shooting looks so interesting. I'll be you guys have a lot of fun.

My only shooting experience comes from when I was 11 years old and was rummaging around in my parent's closet (HUGE NO-NO). On the top shelf I discovered the family revolver. Like in the movies, I pulled the hammer back to cock it and then realized I didn't know how to return it to it's spot looking untouched. I couldn't figure out how to release the hammer slowly. So...I did what anybody would do...I aimed it at the window, in case it was loaded and pulled the trigger.

The LOUDEST FREAKIN' NOISE on the face of the earth erupted from 5 inches past my knuckles and I was SHOCKED beyond belief. After realizing what happened I put the gun back and decided to wait for my folks to make the discovery of the broken window.

They didn't discover it for a few days actually. When my Dad came into my room that day, he really caught me by surprise, as I had already forgotten about it.

That's a whole 'nother story. Short version is I lived.

Anyway, I came into posession of and almost consecutive RUN of SPORTING CLAY magazines from 1999 up to the very current month of FEB 2012. Only missing a handful of issues.

I figured I'd find a forum for shooters, apparently I have, and see if some shooting enthusiast would be interested in owning a HUGE collection of clay shooting magazines.

If so, please reply to my selling post, and I'll catch up with you and discuss it.

Here is a link to that post.

If I don't get any bites I'll just throw them on ebay and see if there is any interest,

thanks for having me and HAPPY SHOOTING,

Hudson.

Welcome Ajax, I did a similar thing when much much younger. I used to creep into parents bedroom when they were out to fetch dad's .38 revolver :p , it was in a locked compartment in a locked built in wardrobe, complete with unloaded bullets, but I knew the whereabouts of both keys ;) . Anyway I never did get to shoot it as father kept promising and he never found out. :.:

I found some "glamour" mags once in my dad's bedroom. Opened my eyes up, I can tell you. :)

Back