Blaser F3 (Part 2).

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin

The shop called on Friday and told me that my F3 had arrived :dancing: . Picked it up, drove to my club and shot some rounds of ABT in the afternoon. 

I started with a 12, a 14, then raised the comb a couple of millimetres an did a 20, not too bad for a start. On Saturday i shot another 5 rounds and did a 20 and a 23 so i´m quite pleased with it so far.

I´ve not changed/played  much with the gun at the momment other than removeing some weights from the barrels, adjusting the comb and changing the chokes to 3/4 and full. 

I`m very happy with the looks, fitting and performance of the gun so far, i just need to use it more and not play with things....This could be the start of a long relationship.

Can´t wait until Saturday to Shoot again.

PS. I wanted to write this on the first F3 post but it´s archived ?

Kevin - to keep the forum running quickly and efficient, posts over x months old are archived...  sorry if this causes a problem, but it makes sure we stay fit and healthy - everything is there to read - but not to be written to. 

It's like detox - for forums. 

Blaser,s are starting to appear more and more now ,friend of mine has just bought an F3 with 32" and 34" barrels uses the 34's nearly all the time loves it ,got rid of his Perrazzi's  , Another mate got a new browning a few months back , tried my F3 went out and bought one two days later , cracking looking gun ,he seems to be obsessed with it already . Another guy with  3/4 month old DT11 says its going, and he'll have an F3 by the end of the week , someone else i know is also considering one . 

Also if you did not know, Open Season are no longer the UK distributor i have been told Blaser themselves are going to be the Uk distributors 

Which in my opinion is a good thing 

In the USA they seem to be going from strength to strength, sponsoring big shoots ect . ...got to be a good thing !! 

Matt; no problem, only interested.

Johny English; hope to take some photos at the weekend, at the momment a mate has it on his License ( have to wait until Oct/November before i get my License) and brings to the club for me to use.

Blaser F3; i was also looking at the DT11 but the F3 is more my taste/liking. The F3 is a lot slimmer and just seems to handle better, not to forget that the F3 was made for me left handed including the top lever wich also goes to the left to open the gun.

Blaser,s are starting to appear more and more now ,friend of mine has just bought an F3 with 32" and 34" barrels uses the 34's nearly all the time loves it ,got rid of his Perrazzi's  , Another mate got a new browning a few months back , tried my F3 went out and bought one two days later , cracking looking gun ,he seems to be obsessed with it already . Another guy with  3/4 month old DT11 says its going, and he'll have an F3 by the end of the week , someone else i know is also considering one . 

Also if you did not know, Open Season are no longer the UK distributor i have been told Blaser themselves are going to be the Uk distributors 

Which in my opinion is a good thing 

In the USA they seem to be going from strength to strength, sponsoring big shoots ect . ...got to be a good thing !! 
Wow must be some bit of kit! I wonder how long it will be before the really good shooters you know the ones who win world cup events, Olympic gold medals and the like bung in their Perazzi's in the bin and change to a Blaser F3 ? 

Wow must be some bit of kit! I wonder how long it will be before the really good shooters you know the ones who win world cup events, Olympic gold medals and the like bung in their Perazzi's in the bin and change to a Blaser F3 ?
They won't .... :wink:

Wow must be some bit of kit! I wonder how long it will be before the really good shooters you know the ones who win world cup events, Olympic gold medals and the like bung in their Perazzi's in the bin and change to a Blaser F3 ? 
Your dead right they are 'a good bit of kit ' . But that's no guarantee of the calibre of the person using it , other than John Bidwell , Richard King and a couple of others (in this country ) Unlike every shooter that uses a Perrazzi who are all Olympians and world cup winners  . Bit like all the Ferrari owners who can drive as well as Michael Schumacher . But i would guess a lot of 'top' shooters out there might go for the best sponsorship deal  !! Anyway it would be foolish to put a Perrazzi in the bin they are very nice guns and do have a value !!

Nicola does,nt  our Helice  junior world champion , you know the won that brought all the silverware home a few weeks back, Nathan Hales shoot ....oh yes.....  a Blaser F3 !! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep..Nathan Hales currently shoots an F3 Super Sport with adjustable rib.  I saw it and now one is on my list to consider.

Don't ask for an editorial.....I simply answered a question in my honest opinion....... :laugh:

I would not chop in a Perazzi for a Blaser....!!

I would never have a Beretta either.....but must admit that the video made from the Beretta factory last week was very interesting, in how they dealt with Jessica and other customers......and the new hinged side plate was a very interesting piece of work that I have never seen before. You pressed the safety forward (like on Perazzi to drop the triggers) but on this special game gun it flicked open the side plates.....my Italian was not good enough to pick up why....!! Maybe other bi linguists on here could explain why.

It will all depend on how much cash is on the end of it. Those top guys do not shoot a P gun or a B gun just because they like them, they are paid to shoot the things. So if Blaser comes up with enough cash, well maybe we will see more of them, but I wouldn't hold my breath!!!! :biggrin:

Blaser USA gave sponsorship to a number of high profile sporting clays shots, guns and cash deals.

Many of these sponsored shots have gone back to their old guns and forsaken Blaser.

I think if you are fortunate enough to get a sponsored gun, enjoy it while it lasts. If it breaks at least you don't have to pay for repairs.Worryingly Blaser do not seem to be able to hang on to a British agency. So anyone buying one could be stuck with an expensive broken gun.

Blaser USA gave sponsorship to a number of high profile sporting clays shots, guns and cash deals.

Many of these sponsored shots have gone back to their old guns and forsaken Blaser.

I think if you are fortunate enough to get a sponsored gun, enjoy it while it lasts. If it breaks at least you don't have to pay for repairs.Worryingly Blaser do not seem to be able to hang on to a British agency. So anyone buying one could be stuck with an expensive broken gun.
I would bet that Mr Digweed would shoot a Baikal if the price was right! Not only that....I reckon he would still win too. I have only ever seen a few Blasers, but they look OK I guess, but I'm very cautious about buying relatively un proven guns!

blaser is not unproven,after the usual teathing problems with a new brand they have now got a reliable gun that can(with adjusting the weights)be adjusted to suite most peoples balance/handling preferances.

salopian i was told by blaser themselves a few years ago that due to the recession they were cutting down on there sponsorship ,which at the time was something like 90+ shooters world wide.

Back