Blaser F3 custom?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually think they are pricing themselves out of their intended markets, £4k for an F16, £7k for F3 seems too much
Well, at risk of being pedantic, £8,259 for a stock F3 grade 5 wood. Plus another £2,003 for the custom stock.

That’s getting up towards Perazzi “experience” territory, but without the “experience” so to speak.

Its also the second price increase in the last 6 months, totalling approximately 25%. 

I’m struggling to understand what the 25% is for. Material prices globally are pretty stable. Labour cost is quite stable in GDR.

It’s the same gun design that’s been built since 2008. 

Not sure Cory Kruse wins would warrant such a premium either.

Perhaps deflecting costs of Brexit-related costs of imports? Wasn’t that supposed to deliver the great boost to British manufacturing and the economy at large? 

I expect they think the F3 is as good as a Perazzi.

For some manufacturers they prefer low volume production with higher profit per unit than large volume manufacture with lower margins.

The first price increase may not have hit demand as expected hence another hike to test the water. Take the profits if you can. Use Brexit as an excuse etc. They may take the pressure off dealers maintaining the RRP meaning the price rise is not entirely seen by the customer.

Having seen some of their fancy offerrings (I think there's a £50k version at premier Guns) I also wonder if they are looking more at the 'game' set who will pay money for no other reason that a more expensive gun shows off more to their "friends".

I like(d) the F3 (and F16) for its function over form attitude - no fancy engraving etc but I expect Blazer have realised this does no make financial sense.

Do they have a new CEO in place ?. That may explain a lot.

And also how long he/she will be there, also perhaps a name change, as around here they say it as it's spelt so they just don't sound as expensive as Perazzi 😁

And also how long he/she will be there, also perhaps a name change, as around here they say it as it's spelt so they just don't sound as expensive as Perazzi 😁
Actually when I first heard the name Blazer, I immediately assumed it was some ATA knock off type brand 🤣🤣🤣

Perhaps deflecting costs of Brexit-related costs of imports? Wasn’t that supposed to deliver the great boost to British manufacturing and the economy at large? 
Don’t get me started! 🤬

Blaser need to look at the rankings and championship wins to see where their guns are sitting in the grand scheme of manufacturers. If you look at the top 20 in nearly any discipline rankings there are krieghoffs, berettas, miroku's, browning, perazzi and now caesar guirini but hardly any blasers. The likes of zoli and salvinelli are starting to gain ground on blaser as well.

I expect they think the F3 is as good as a Perazzi.

For some manufacturers they prefer low volume production with higher profit per unit than large volume manufacture with lower margins.

The first price increase may not have hit demand as expected hence another hike to test the water. Take the profits if you can. Use Brexit as an excuse etc. They may take the pressure off dealers maintaining the RRP meaning the price rise is not entirely seen by the customer.

Having seen some of their fancy offerrings (I think there's a £50k version at premier Guns) I also wonder if they are looking more at the 'game' set who will pay money for no other reason that a more expensive gun shows off more to their "friends".

I like(d) the F3 (and F16) for its function over form attitude - no fancy engraving etc but I expect Blazer have realised this does no make financial sense.

I've seen a few FB posts from a couple of gun dealers showing some custom pairs that they've have done, some of them are stunning.

Remember that a lot of serious game shooters will be spending upwards of £100k a year on it, and that's before shells, tips, hotel stays etc so spending a lot on matched pair or trio of guns is nothing in comparison.

I'd be straight over to the Krieghoff factory to have them made to measure if I won the lottery.

Remember that a lot of serious game shooters will be spending upwards of £100k a year on it, and that's before shells, tips, hotel stays etc so spending a lot on matched pair or trio of guns is nothing in comparison.
 😳 How many is "a lot of" in the above sense? That has to be a very small part of the market where the competition is fierce with the handmade Italian, Austrian and renowned English makers? 

😳 How many is "a lot of" in the above sense? That has to be a very small part of the market where the competition is fierce with the handmade Italian, Austrian and renowned English makers? 
Fabbri, Purdey, Holland & Holland you would look at upwards of £100k per gun with a 2-3 year wait.

Pretty, and while I can imagine wanting one, I still wonder whether a company like Blaser can take a sizeable bite out of that market by increasing prices in the market for their "basic" models. Are they hiking prices just so buyers can enjoy alleged bragging rights? Stunning work can justify stunning prizes, I just fail to see what's 25% more 'stunning' about fairly common Blasers now.  

Sorry to have to remind you that a Miroku is the best value for money gun .

Pleasantly surprised to see so many MK38's being used by so many truly fine shots , including at least two who are (were?) sponsored by other manufacturers.

I think Blaser have dropped the ball with their marketing strategy in the UK. They could do with taking a few lessons off Anglo Italian Arms . (Caesar Guerini).

if I had that sort of monies to blow think it would be another fixed choke thin teagues miroku as a spare, then just waste the rest..

The K80 Parcours  , what you design when you try to get a Krieghoff that handles like a 38 Trap 😂  .  
Or even a 1931 design Remington 32.

That was considered a premium gun back then apparently. I wonder if it cost 5-10x the price of an average gun?

Glad I got my F3 new for £4,500 in 2016. 
Doubled in 4 years... Wow! WTF?

Last edited by a moderator:
Like any company, they will keep upping the price so long as you keep buying the product 😃

ColinD, very true. As the saying goes   "A fool and his money is soon parted" I have parted with a few bob over the years.

Interestingly the K80 Parcours was unashamedly a copy of the MK38 and now with the heavier barrel option is now nearer the ideal MK38 weight.

Could someone explain to me why Blaser choose to inflate the price of the F3? It's a nice gun , but nowhere near the VFM of a Miroku that will do everything that a Blaser will do at a quarter of the price ?

Sorry gang been busy. What I meant by get 2 is actually meant in two ways. 

1, the older blasers had huge faults and I see them daily with issues. Newer ones not so much. 

2,  a huge price increase is coming so a good time to make money buy old price sell new 

last thing I have to say the daftest post of 2021 has already been won. “The parcour was a copy of the Miroku” 😂😂

Could someone explain to me why Blaser choose to inflate the price of the F3
Because we buy too many expensive guns like Perazzi and Krieghoff 😉
It might sound strange, but they might sell more at higher prices.
Some people seem to measure quality by price; higher price is higher quality...

Sorry gang been busy. What I meant by get 2 is actually meant in two ways. 

1, the older blasers had huge faults and I see them daily with issues. Newer ones not so much. 

2,  a huge price increase is coming so a good time to make money buy old price sell new 
Thanks for clearing that up.

last thing I have to say the daftest post of 2021 has already been won. “The parcour was a copy of the Miroku” 😂😂 
When in fact it is a copy of the Remington 32

Back