Blaser F3 AT2 Super Trap - Opinions

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V8 90

I'm pondering on buying a Blaser F3AT2 Super Trap - I shoot mostly DTL. I have a Browning GP Trap at present. I like the idea of been able to adjust the Blaser so it fits me & can be adjusted if I lose/gain weight. I could get my Browning fitted to me - it's currently in off the shelf form, or fit a PFS. But the F3 just appeals so much. I haven't had a go with 1 yet.

Thanks in advance.

I'm pondering on buying a Blaser F3AT2 Super Trap - I shoot mostly DTL. I have a Browning GP Trap at present. I like the idea of been able to adjust the Blaser so it fits me & can be adjusted if I lose/gain weight. I could get my Browning fitted to me - it's currently in off the shelf form, or fit a PFS. But the F3 just appeals so much. I haven't had a go with 1 yet.

Thanks in advance.
I bought one a few weeks ago. Absolutely love it. First time I used it I won my first ever County Championship (Veterans Single Barrel). The next week I shot my best ever score at ABT. Just take a bit of time to set it up properly and get the weighting system right.

Don't put tight chokes in as the Briley Spectrums throw really tight patterns.

Thanks for the info - I've shouldered 1 a few times & it felt really good. Need to try 1 out ;)

I'm a sporting shooter, and have the Blaser F3 Professional.

Had the gun since February and absolutely love the gun - I've had an adjustable comb fitted and honestly I can't imagine what I'd change it for.

I've got no weights in mine at all and there's no kick and I can throw it around. I held someone else tonight that had all the weights in, felt heavier but no worse - still balanced and I'd have been happy to shoot it.

Also, 5000 odd shells in - very nice feeling of quality, you get the feeling it's made to last.

Oh, and once you've got it right - don't fiddle with it! (it is tempting)

Another vote for the chokes too, I've got 1/4 and 1/2 in and I'm hitting stuff no problem.

Pete

F3_SuperTrap_OU_Standard_HK2_LL81_01.png

Blaser-F3-SuperTrap-Combo-Trap-Gun.jpg

The SuperSport, is at the top of my Christmas list.  Bloody gorgeous guns.

What's not to like?  Get one! :)

Wonko would love those, all the adjustable bits and the great big rib and a kiriegoff' ish looking action. :)

Is it possible to hammer the barrel ends to get rid of the bulge ? Or is that asking too much for a mere five grand ?

SuperSport is around £5k, I presume Supertrap is same, unless it has two sets of barrels, in which case nearer £7k I would think
They're both about £51/2k. Very good value when compared to a Krieghoff and probably easier to shoot with. I also have a Pro Sport with a factory fitted adjustable comb, lovely gun, I have never shot so consistently as I have with it.

If you're around at Dartford next Thursday evening come and have a go with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're both about £51/2k. Very good value when compared to a Krieghoff and probably easier to shoot with. I also have a Pro Sport with a factory fitted adjustable comb, lovely gun, I have never shot so consistently as I have with it.

If you're around at Dartford next Thursday evening come and have a go with it.
Next Thursday eh? I might just do that you know, very kind offer.  :)

Where did you get yours from, Potters?  Who is the largest Blaser dealer over here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to hammer the barrel ends to get rid of the bulge ? Or is that asking too much for a mere five grand ?
K80's have a bit of a bulge there too.  I quite like them actually, they look purposeful.  And, the big bulge at the end stops her hand from sliding off . .

K80's have a bit of a bulge there too.  I quite like them actually, they look purposeful.  And, the big bulge at the end stops her hand from sliding off . .
post-29-0-05273600-1403189301.jpg

Attachments

• images8.jpg
    images8.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 0
Next Thursday eh? I might just do that you know, very kind offer.  :)

Where did you get yours from, Potters?  Who is the largest Blaser dealer over here?
Both of mine came from Potter's. I don't know who is the biggest dealer, I would think it's probably Premier Guns at Doveridge then Potter's then Ian Mulliner.

I understand Ian Mulliner does Blaser uk's servicing. I'm hopefully going to try 1 tomorrow. Thanks for the positive comments guys. I know K80's are very popular but my budget doesn't run to the price of a new K80 Trap.

The Blaser F3 AT2 seems a lot of gun & I can live with the £5k (ish) price tag

I understand Ian Mulliner does Blaser uk's servicing. I'm hopefully going to try 1 tomorrow. Thanks for the positive comments guys. I know K80's are very popular but my budget doesn't run to the price of a new K80 Trap.

The Blaser F3 AT2 seems a lot of gun & I can live with the £5k (ish) price tag
Yes, Ian Mulliner does do all the U.K servicing and warranty work. If you're interested I do know where there's a second hand Super trap at a fair saving on the new price.

You're right it is a LOT of gun for the money.

I got mine from Mulliners - could recommend Ian highly enough.

And yes - he does all the servicing, so knows his onions

Never ever had a gun serviced. Shot my parker hale for 10 years never even took the stock off. Have taken trigger unit out of the 10s a few times looked at it and put it back in. I believe k guns need regular service despite of alleged German engineering.

Just saying, sorry les mate :)

Latest posts

Back