BIOR or Fibre?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for a useful experiment but as all the shells are mid to top end shells it would be interesting to see how a basic shell with lower antimony compares and perhaps save some money. As mentioned Eley Select 9s does the job for me. 
I went in to the shop to get those very shells.... However, they had no stock. 

All of the shell suppliers are way behind and the gunshops are just taking stock of what they can get.

I will pattern that shell when I can get my hands on them and report it here 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry should have quoted Geordieboys report!

I went in to the shop to get those very shells.... However, they had no stock. 

All of the shell suppliers are way behind and the gunships are just taking stock of what they can get.

I will pattern that shell when I can get my hands on them and report it here 
Thanks or similar shell - that would be interesting👍🏻

So then, results of my pattern test.

My Superb 7.5 plastics at 20yds - 10" diameter pattern

Fiocchi f3 BIOR - 18" pattern

Superb 8 fibre - 19" pattern

Hull Pro Piston 9's - 20" pattern

I am now happy. Without a doubt, shooting 2 fixed chokes LF/LF, there is a definite advantage in having a shell that opens up. When you see the 10" pattern, you have to be Bob on on the close stuff!
Any photos of them please?

I'll colour them up and take pictures in the light. 9's are teeny weeny and hard to see 🤣

Just so you know, the Superb 8's measure a pretty consistent 8.75......
Great, thankyou, quite a surprising result to be fair

The first pattern us the superb plaswad 7.5 . Just left of centre.

2nd the F3 BIOR

3rd the Hull Pro Piston 9

4th the Superb Fibre 8's

Sorry, but you'll have to zoom in. My black marker had dried up!

20220122_125222.jpg

20220122_125244.jpg

20220122_125254.jpg

20220122_125312.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, thankyou, so probably a cheapish fibre 8 would be useful for close targets, worth thinking about

Great, thankyou, so probably a cheapish fibre 8 would be useful for close targets, worth thinking about
If your gun shoots tight patterns with your usual shells, I'd say that a cheap fibre with low antimony would definitely be the shell.

Thanks for a useful experiment but as all the shells are mid to top end shells it would be interesting to see how a basic shell with lower antimony compares and perhaps save some money. As mentioned Eley Select 9s does the job for me. 
So I found an old box of Fiocchi 28grm TT Ones 7.5's.

I patterned it at 20yds and it gave me a 15" diameter pattern  which is bigger than my 9" Superb pattern at the same range.

Certainly at £70/1000 cheaper than Hull Pro Puston that's enough of a shell for me to shoot out to 30yds comfortably.

So are you compensating for the superb plastic when you shoot them, as their high and left of centre  😉

Latest posts

Back