Berretta 694 problems

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian-D

Hi everyone I’m looking at buying the 694 but I’ve been hearing they are having problems eg ribs falling off, ejection problems and jamming and GMK taking forever to repair them I personally don’t know anyone who owns one, I don’t have 3+k to waste my next gun over too you guy’s 👍                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Hi guys thanks to everyone for the messages and advice apologies in advance I have gone to the dark side, I tried the Caesar Gurini invctus 1 and fell for it and then bought it please don’t hate me I couldn’t help myself thanks again everyone. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you shot one yet, as you've opened a can of worms, everyone who has a Beretta will say their great, and everyone who shoots something else will say the same 😀

If you look around the forums every make seems to have one problem or another, trouble is you only hear about the bad bits.

The 692 had several ongoing issues mostly related to the unnecessary switchable ejectors or cheese paring on costs. Unfortunately it was also released during the period when their quality control seemed to be permanently out to lunch, but I haven't heard of any problems with the 694.

And even the now infamous 692 isn’t the bogey it’s made out to be. I shoot an early 692 black, switchable ejectors and all, and have had no issues since purchase a few years ago. I shoot between 7 and 12K carts a year and do all my own maintenance. Don’t judge a gun by what you read on fora alone, as there’s a high prevalence of the “a friend of a friend knows a guy who”. Shoot one, talk to an owner, consult a few shops or gunsmiths. Personally I don’t know of any 694 issues, but then I only know one owner.    

It doesn't take much to put people off a relatively serious purchase like a Beretta shotgun. The first batch in the UK were a disaster although later ones weren't too troublesome. But there were historical problems, and Beretta knew all about the ejector issues well before the 692 was ever released. They then wasted 8 or 9 years failing to fully resolve a problem on a feature that no one wanted anyway. The falling apart problems were overcome with Loctite and eventually the ejectors reverted to conventional ones, but it was all too late because the 692 had already well and truly tanked in the market.

The 694 is what the 692 should have been but never was. The only grumble I've heard is that the stock profile may may cause problems for low gun shooters.

Reactions: PKB
It's a shame because I shot a 692 one at a demonstration day and it was the best shooting gun on show.  

The reputation (In my mind undeserved as there are other guns with more problem s that haven't been as publicly discussed)  means that they are a bargain on the second hand market. 

No problems with my 692. I like this gun and it shoots well. The bad reputation came from a few early models with those fancy ejectors, but later models don´t use them. They are just the same as in the 694 as shown in the video.

692 owner with the older 'fancy' ejectors and never had a problem with any aspect of the shotgun.  And whilst the on/off ejectors can be a minor irritation, you just switch them off and forget about it. On the odd occasion that the lug has spun over (count on one hand the number of times in four years), it takes all of 30seconds to spin it back to activate ejectors again. 

The biggest problem for the 692 is that it always gets compared to a 694 which of course, it is not...it's a 692... as is clearly marked. :)  Shoot the 692 in isolation, on it's own merits and without the "but it's not a 694"  and you'll realise just how good it is.

Of course, I only own one 692 so can't speak for every model to roll off the factory floor but my gun;  it's a wonderful bit of kit.

Re 694s, I know three current/previous owners who all love the 694 and have not had any issues with them. A fine gun by all accounts.

Cheers,

PS @Brian-D Very envious of anyone who gets to go shotgun shopping! Enjoy! 

Hi Hermit thanks for getting back to me, I originally wanted 692 but when I bought my current gun 690 I couldn’t stretch the finances to the 692 my 690 hasn’t missed a beat in 4 years I have the on/off ejectors and luckily never had a problem, I’ve had my heart set on the 694 since it was launched, I can’t get the 694 for a month or two so I’m just going to keep my ears open for problems and ask other shooters who have it if they have had any problems as any production line gun your always going to get the odd dud. Cheers 🍻 

I know some owners who have had no issues in the first year.
Cheers Will 

Have you shot one yet, as you've opened a can of worms, everyone who has a Beretta will say their great, and everyone who shoots something else will say the same 😀

If you look around the forums every make seems to have one problem or another, trouble is you only hear about the bad bits.
Agreed Colin £3.5k is a lot for me so when I heard of problems I had a bit of a wobble my heart is still set on the 694 👍

Haven´t heard about such problems from 694- owners so far.
Thanks for letting me know Bavarian 🍻

The 692 had several ongoing issues mostly related to the unnecessary switchable ejectors or cheese paring on costs. Unfortunately it was also released during the period when their quality control seemed to be permanently out to lunch, but I haven't heard of any problems with the 694.
Cheers Westward I’m only hearing good things 🍺

15 hours ago, Steve1970 said:

Have put approx 6'000 cartridges through my'n . No problems at all. 

Cheers Steve that’s really reassuring 

I think in this price range the 694 is very hard to ignore. Personally, a Blaser F16 would be worth a look also and would perhaps suit me better, but it’s personal. 

I think in this price range the 694 is very hard to ignore. Personally, a Blaser F16 would be worth a look also and would perhaps suit me better, but it’s personal. 
I’ve not really looked at other guns but I think I will I have a couple of months before I can buy whatever I buy 🤷‍♂️👍

I bought a 694 back in March 2021. Straight out the box to shoot a registered shoot, and within the first 7 stands the top lever would not stay across when the gun was open. This was due to the pin that sticks out of the action, getting stuck in. Luckily it was purchased at a Shooting ground, so straight after the registered shoot was back in the gunroom, the gun was sent back to GMK, problem sorted and back within a week. Never had an issue since.  Great gun, and as good a gun as my old 682 gold e.

Hi guys thanks to everyone for the messages and advice apologies in advance I have gone to the darkside, I tried the Caesar Gurini invctus 1 and fell for it and then bought it please don’t hate me I couldn’t help myself thanks again everyone. 

Hi guys thanks to everyone for the messages and advice apologies in advance I have gone to the darkside, I tried the Caesar Gurini invctus 1 and fell for it and then bought it please don’t hate me I couldn’t help myself thanks again everyone. 
Why not. Pics please

Good choice. I get snotty comments from one member for bigging up CGs but IMHO, CGs are a step up in shooting performance from any of the Beretta 6xx family. RF shot another 100x100 yesterday with an Invictus...
Am of the opinion RF could put in 100x100 with just about any gun out there, hes not alone though as there are a lot of superstars banging in monster scores! 

Back