Beretta 694 vs ceasar guerini summit or even invictus?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much heavier are the 694 barrels compared to a current 692?

I used to own a beretta 692 (not a 694 I know) but found it ok, I shot some good scores with it but found the pistol grip wasn’t the most comfy. I can’t see the 694 being that much different just ironed out issues with the 692 which I had a few of. Ejector barrels snapping (sorted on warranty quickly) and the top bolt holding the action together snapping causing the gun to jam and not open with live cartridges in. Again was sorted but I lost faith in the quality so sold it on.

i now have an invictus 3 and so far I find the balance so much better, slightly heavier. The quality is something else for the money. A lot better gun for the money in my opinion. I shoot it better and so much more comfortable. All round a better gun. 

Beretta are good at marketing and relying on their brand to sell guns, but you have to ask the question why bring out a 694 when it’s almost identical to a 692?  

Lee

Having owned and shot both they are very different.

What price are the Summits as that would be a closer comparison to the 694

Invictus in the UK are over £1000 more than the Summits
The summit sporting with the standard flat rib is sold for 3700e, 700 more than 694.

How much heavier are the 694 barrels compared to a current 692?
I was wondering about that as well, I think the barrels of 694 without the forend should have the same weight like those in 692 as are both stelium plus, but the forend seems to be heavier than that of 692 but lighter than that of 682. Please someone to correct me in case of any of the above information is inaccurate. 

I was wondering about that as well, I think the barrels of 694 without the forend should have the same weight like those in 692 as are both stelium plus, but the forend seems to be heavier than that of 692 but lighter than that of 682. Please someone to correct me in case of any of the above information is inaccurate. 
The overall weight of the barrels is only an approximate guide to how the gun behaves dynamically. All the 69X family guns use the SV10 barrels and the reason they are heavier than the 682 Gold E is because the monobloc is both wider and longer, therefore the 100gms or so extra weight is at the breech and between the hands - which is exactly where you want it. The forend on the 694 probably is heavier than the SV10/692 forend but with the 2 piece metal parts it still looks relatively light and once again most of the weight is well back towards the action.

The 694 does look like the best new mid range sporter to come out of Beretta since the Gold E and I very much doubt that the the gun is significantly nose heavy.

p.s. Steelium is a meaningless marketing term. The barrels, as with all factory Berettas, are made from Excelsior HSA steel.

It would be useful if a few people who own a new 694 tells us what is stamped on them weight wise, the one I handled belongs to James Bradley-Day and felt very heavy (compared to my own 682e which is fitted with a thick Isis recoil pad as well as their full whack recoil system, it also was fitted from new with Beretta’s own adjustable comb), in other words mine is by no means a lightweight. 

James reckons he placed a good bit of weight in the stock to reach his desired “feel”.

My 682e is stamped 1440g which is the second lightest barrels I’ve come across just behind Parcours barrels which at 1400 feel too light even for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The overall weight of the barrels is only an approximate guide to how the gun behaves dynamically. All the 69X family guns use the SV10 barrels and the reason they are heavier than the 682 Gold E is because the monobloc is both wider and longer, therefore the 100gms or so extra weight is at the breech and between the hands - which is exactly where you want it. The forend on the 694 probably is heavier than the SV10/692 forend but with the 2 piece metal parts it still looks relatively light and once again most of the weight is well back towards the action.

The 694 does look like the best new mid range sporter to come out of Beretta since the Gold E and I very much doubt that the the gun is significantly nose heavy.

p.s. Steelium is a meaningless marketing term. The barrels, as with all factory Berettas, are made from Excelsior HSA steel.
Thank you for your feedback, interesting information. 

That’s what I mean, I’ve had two 682e’s one was stamped 1430 the other 1440, DT10’s and 11’s are much heavier at around 1600 or more ! The new 694 is closer to the 10/11 than the (much easier to shoot well) 682e - I think this is an oversight by Beretta as well as CG who would have been much better off with their Invictus barrels coming in under 1500g.

Mine is not idle speak or blowing my own trumpet by pretending to be a gun design expert ( I am really),😜 there are extremely notable examples of light barrels being welcomed (by the majority), the older Miroku’s, the current Krieghoff Parcours, the Contour version of the Remington 1100, the 682e outsold the old spec version which was always roundly criticised for feeling dead in the hands (I owned one for 10 years) because it had heavy barrels, not good for ESP. That’s not to say there aren’t AAA shooters using barrel heavy guns but I’m talking about mass appeal to increase sales.

I have no idea what possesses people like Beretta to get such basics wrong time and again. 
My 30" DT10 barrels are stamped 1480 so im not sure where you got the 1600+ from? In fact in the DT10 days many people were advising people get the 32" for a bit extra weight. 

My 30" DT10 barrels are stamped 1480 so im not sure where you got the 1600+ from? In fact in the DT10 days many people were advising people get the 32" for a bit extra weight. 
I would be amazed if yours truly weight that, I’ve handled dozens and owned one and being interested in the subject I have often cheekily asked near total strangers whether they’d mind taking the fore end off their DT10 or 11 to see what weight was stamped on them, I’ve not come across any below 1500, in fact I don’t think I’ve seen any significantly below 1600, (the updated DT11 with carbon rib excepted).

These apply to 32” tubes only as I’ve little inclination towards shorter barrels. It would be interesting for both of us if you try and find out what your friends or strangers DT10 tubes are stamped as.

The main point though is that barrels just over 1400g have proved time and again that people find them easy to shoot compared to say the old spec K80 which lots of people don’t like and can’t shoot well (but don’t quite know why) - I think I know why though ;)  .

That’s what I mean, I’ve had two 682e’s one was stamped 1430 the other 1440, DT10’s and 11’s are much heavier at around 1600 or more ! The new 694 is closer to the 10/11 than the (much easier to shoot well) 682e - I think this is an oversight by Beretta as well as CG who would have been much better off with their Invictus barrels coming in under 1500g.

Mine is not idle speak or blowing my own trumpet by pretending to be a gun design expert ( I am really),😜 there are extremely notable examples of light barrels being welcomed (by the majority), the older Miroku’s, the current Krieghoff Parcours, the Contour version of the Remington 1100, the 682e outsold the old spec version which was always roundly criticised for feeling dead in the hands (I owned one for 10 years) because it had heavy barrels, not good for ESP. That’s not to say there aren’t AAA shooters using barrel heavy guns but I’m talking about mass appeal to increase sales.

I have no idea what possesses people like Beretta to get such basics wrong time and again. 
I shoot a Browning Pro Trap and the gun weighs 9lb 5ozs. The weight in the barrels gives me better control.

I also have a 33" Perazzi HPX DSR, barrels stamped 1610gms. I've just added another 90gms in weight and the gun shoots a ton better for it...........fir me!

Its horses for courses. Early Dt11s had heavy barrels. Later ones lighter. I know which I prefer. It's an individual's choice and preference at the end of the day.

Witnessed my first 694 in the flesh today handled it felt ok thought i quite fancy one.Then watched it malfunction just the same as a 692 lever stuck over,fail to fire and didn't want to open.....so a great improvement then!!Mind changed back😂😂

I watched Mr Faulds win the Rizzini Classic at the weekend. Some top shots in that line up I can say. His Guerini provided crunching breaks with his Supreme 8s on long targets. Looking into an Invictus 5, I spoke to a gun shop/gunsmith who sells and services them. He also does Mr Faulds gun and they love them. This gunsmiths had Berettas and Brownings but prefers the Invictus 5 for all his shooting and vouches for their integrity. Now one could argue he was trying to sell me one, but he seemed genuine enough and Mr Faulds certainly shoots a few shells through his!

I watched Mr Faulds win the Rizzini Classic at the weekend. Some top shots in that line up I can say. His Guerini provided crunching breaks with his Supreme 8s on long targets. Looking into an Invictus 5, I spoke to a gun shop/gunsmith who sells and services them. He also does Mr Faulds gun and they love them. This gunsmiths had Berettas and Brownings but prefers the Invictus 5 for all his shooting and vouches for their integrity. Now one could argue he was trying to sell me one, but he seemed genuine enough and Mr Faulds certainly shoots a few shells through his!
Mr. Faulds was sponsored by and shot a Beretta for umpteen years before CG’s founding had even been discussed over a cup of coffee, he won his Olympic Gold with one in fact, that gun wasn’t even “fitted” so the legend goes. 

I think Mr. Faulds could shoot a Baikal very well if he was paid enough to do so.

Guns are like cars , fashion items , possessions, tools to do a job etc. Buy what takes your fancy and what you can afford .

They will all do the job if cared for correctly . 

Mr. Faulds was sponsored by and shot a Beretta for umpteen years before CG’s founding had even been discussed over a cup of coffee, he won his Olympic Gold with one in fact, that gun wasn’t even “fitted” so the legend goes. 
I take it your not too keen on CG then

I take it your not too keen on CG then
I never slate any gun unnecessarily or without very good reason so not sure what gave you that impression !? Long term forum members will have read my posts about my 3 month long attempt to purchase either a V or std Invictus III or whatever they’re now called with fixed chokes. Despite being let down by the importers fibs, misinformation, lazy service and and and eventually being sent a sample of both guns with orrible wood (for the price) and nasty TOO low combs I refuse(d) to rubbish the brand or the guns general robustness and suitability for their intended purpose. 

What I don’t do is blind marque worship, unfortunately Beretta, despite being the oldest company in the world has managed to make one too many poor mistakes after giving us the likes of the bullet proof 682 and DT10 series, people’s memories are short and so the current fad in the shooting world is to slag them off in preference of makes that have either barely arrived on the scene or failed to give us any real gems in their model line up.

There is nothing wrong with any of the top 5/6 makes, you just have to pick the right one for you and fine tune it.

I didn't say you slated CG just that your not keen on them, someone mentions RF shooting his and you were quick to quote he'd won Olympic gold with a Beretta and was sponsored by them for some reason

As you say it's the gun that suits you not the make if you want to get the best from it

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back