Beretta 692

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah there seems to be 3 x 32" L/H adjustable on Guntrader by now (inc the Premier Guns one). Its seems they did the opposite with the Left Handers as this time the 32" L/H standard & L/H adjustable are first in. I have only seen 1 x 30" left hand standard advertised which is the one at Ian Coley's. As far as I know no R/H guns with adjustable stock either so makes a change that the southpaw version arrives first.
We have a 30 & 32" L?H in stock

Yep thanks & correct Andy. Just been informed that GMK say July 15th. Will believe it when I see it but until I see other shops advertising 30" L/H adjustable guns then I will just have to hold tight.

Why can't a dealer simply take an LH adjustable stock off a 32' and put it on a 30'?? Job done :)

My world is soooo simply.

DT

I was in London this morning and popped into the Beretta Gallery. They have not had any adjustable 692's yet. The salesman said that there might (?) be some in their next delivery. 

Out of curiosity did you have yours on order or just see one in your local shop and pick it up? I keep hearing how well they are selling and several shops saying they get bought as soon as they arrive but with 57 692's on Guntrader currently I find that hard to believe.
Ordered it some time ago at the time of order was told early July delivery I missed out on the first one to arrive but pleased to receive mine wood not to bad either will need plenty of oil and elbow grease.

Nohoper

Ordered it some time ago at the time of order was told early July delivery I missed out on the first one to arrive but pleased to receive mine wood not to bad either will need plenty of oil and elbow grease.

Nohoper
Yes some of the wood I have seen is somewhat subdued. The woodwork on the 692’s is supposed to be oil finished as standard right?

There is never a lot of oil on Berreta guns from the factory no matter how much you pay. I don't know why this is but from my experience its normal to have to finish the job off yourself which is not really right when your paying thousands for a gun you would expect it to be nice and oiled and waterproof straight out the box.

The gun shop who first advertised the 32” L/H Adjustable on Guntrader got back to me and confirmed it was actually a customers gun that was pre-ordered back in January but when they check the guns in on their own stock system they also go live on Guntrader. Strange how they would have pictures of it but I guess it’s another way of getting in other customers looking for that particular model.

I don’t feel so bad now as I only placed my pre-order mid April :)

I've been shooting a 692 Sporting 32" since mid may.

I thought it was well balanced right out of the box and i've shot COMPAK well with it, but i struggled with sporting targets.

I've just had the gun fitted by Ben Husthwaite and the difference has been dramatic.

Despite having all the removable weights in the stock, he added more weight (48 gramms), into the stock, moving the centre of balance backwards.

He then extended the stock (with washers between the recoil pad & wood work by 12mm).

This combination has transformed the handling of the gun.

I am very surprised that a fairly expensive gun required so many drastic alterations. Hopefully you will not continue to shoot this gun with these temporary modifications for too long before getting it professionally modified? I am disappointed that the Bfast system could have not been adjusted to suit.

Where is the balance point now? On the hinge pin ? (Pivot point)

Yep, on the hinge pin now. Think you just pick a gun up and it feels good. its not until you get some professional help you realise it can be improved. Will shoot it for a month or so before i get it modified permanently.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been shooting a 692 Sporting 32" since mid may.

I thought it was well balanced right out of the box and i've shot COMPAK well with it, but i struggled with sporting targets.

I've just had the gun fitted by Ben Husthwaite and the difference has been dramatic.

Despite having all the removable weights in the stock, he added more weight (48 gramms), into the stock, moving the centre of balance backwards.

He then extended the stock (with washers between the recoil pad & wood work by 12mm).

This combination has transformed the handling of the gun.
One day all guns will be balanced this way  :cool:  . Seriously, I know a lot of very good shooters prefer nose heavy guns but I really think there is merit in a butt bias (not heavy) set up. It makes the gun feel light in the hands as the weight is closer to the body, the barrels can be made to move fast if required and you don't feel the weight towards the end of a round or the 4th/5th pair in the stand. I'v balanced my guns this way for years.

Reading this with interest as my 692 balanced bang on the hinge pin out of the box. I was expecting some spare BFAST 'wahers' to be included in the spares kit but there wasn't and when I queried this was told that they were all balanced at the factory using the weights.

Mine feels just right to me and I don't think I'd want the balance any further back than it is, but its whatever works for you that's important.

In terms of lengthening the stock it might be worth investigating a longer pad, I believe Beretta do the micro-core pad in a few different lengths so there may be one that does the trick.

Interested as to the standard length of pull and the build of the shooter for it too have needed 1/2" adding.

IPS -

I agree, the difference is dramatic, far easer to acquire targets now and to stop the barrels and change direction.

The length of pull is now 375mm with the trigger in the rear position (closest to the stock), measured from the trigger to the centre of the stock

The exact amount added to the stock length was 8mm between the stock and recoil pad.

Iggy - Is yours a 30" version?

I'm only 5'10" but quite a stocky build

Hi Pettys,

Mines a 32" (I'm referring to barrel length before the post gets deleted), I'm about you're height but slim build. Must confess I've not actually measured the standard LOP, but I'll get some measurements up lay in the week.

My previous gun was an SV10 Prevail, also in 32" but that was decidedly nose heavy so by comparison the 692 felt much better balanced from the off.

Iggy.

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Beretta_Shotgun_692_For-Sale_130628131103001

32 inch Left Hand Adjustable.

Its here!! The all new and long awaited Sporter from Beretta, new profile action and barrel configuration, balance system, vented barrels with Optima HP chokes. Well figured LEFT HAND ADJUSTABLE oil finished woodwork with the new B-FAST system allowing you to balance the gun how you want. Upgraded motor case and 3 year GMK warranty. RRP £3525 These guns are in high demand so be quick!

Dealer just contacted me to say my 692 has finally arrived. Hopefully can get out of work early to go and collect it tomorrow :)

Sods law I am on a Stag Do all weekender this week so won’t get to try it out until the weekend after.

Back