Aussie Pink Floyd

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Holmes

If you like your Floyd, go and see these guys www.aussiefloyd.com
Saw them at the Cambridge corn exchange last night and they were fan bloody tastic.
A lot of Wish you were here, some dark side of the moon and loads of others.
Great light show. Reminded me of some of the early Floyd gigs in the 70s at the smaller venues.
Rumour has it, that Dave Gilmour was so impressed, he booked them for one of his own parties.
They're about 8 shows into a 21 gig uk tour at the moment.
Go and see them, you won't regret it

I agree Gene. Saw then in Plymouth a few years ago and I've also seen the real thing at Wembley Stadium, Wembley Arena and Earl's Court. If you shut your eyes it's pretty well the same. The Grapics and light show they do though must be from the actual Floyd shows because I'm sure I've seen it before. Most certainly the closest you'll get right now, and I've seen a few of the tribute ones! The only thing they didn't have was the giant inflatable pig but you can excuse them of that!

When those girls do the "howly" bit on Great Gig in the Sky it's magic. Sends shivers down your spine! Go see them!  :biggrin:

They did have a huge inflatable kangaroo last night
I forgot about that!  Brilliant!

And how many tribute acts do you know that can fill the O2
None!

The only thing, and I mean The only thing that for me was a bit odd was the lead guitarist playing a Fender Jaguar instead of a Black Strat or even a Red Strat (with Lace Sensors) and it annoyed me most during Comfortably Numb (That's one solo you don't mess with!!) That's just a Guitar Nerdy thing though??  :biggrin:

A couple of photos from last night.

post-1839-0-88146900-1393592952.jpg

Attachments

• af1.jpg
    af1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 0
Lead guitarist used a slidey thing for some solos. 

Not really up on things with strings. More a keys man myself   :biggrin:
That would be a Weissenborn then Gene if he was a real Gilmour fan! :music:   (Sorry, being all nerdy again!)

Edit.  Glad to see the Guitarist is using a Black Strat again in your second photo.  :biggrin:

Last edited:
Great show, saw them at the Birmingham NIA last year. Some great sounds and very a professional gig.  

But NOTHING and I mean NOTHING compares to the real Floyd show. I was lucky enough to go to the Pulse Tour Show at Earls Court, simply stunning.  

Finners, you're right and that was the best performance ever. Got the DVD and even that is stunning!

Wished I was there!! I was away from home, in fact I may as well been on the Darkside of the Moon.  I'd have Run like Hell for tickets and ended up Comfortably Numb after that performance! :music:

Latest posts

Back