A1 SG - Dead & Buried

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, shot there for the first time on Saturday. Does this mean A1 will be kicked out by the current land owners?  Be a shame if it does go as I thought it was a pretty good ground. Saying that a burial ground is pretty apt after my shocking performance on Sat they may as well bury my scorecard whilst they are at it!

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding is the owners of the A1 have sold the land to a development company who will redevelop the whole site, so yes the shooting ground will disappear.

I wonder if A1 will look to set up at a new site??  A shame when we lose another shooting ground.

Well - one thing I hope is that their helice rings turn up somewhere - I know its not everyones cup of tea, but it is an unusual and unique discipline that deserves exposure. 

Sad to hear this - my first registered was at A1SG.... there aren't many grounds inside the M25, one less is a loss. 

Cemetery & Shooting ground, now there's a business oppertunity ;)

Not sure how you'd market it though .. 

:santa: :)

It would seem rumours of the closure of the A1 are premature.

It could be some considerable time before this happens, some years have been mentioned, so maybe I will continue to go there for the foreseeable future.

If only they knew how to run ESP shoots (on their wasted but quite good ESP facilities) they would likely not want to sell the land but could settle for a decent profit instead!

I had a nice couple of hours down at A1 today - my brother and I pretty well had the place to ourselves.  While I was waiting for my brother to arrive, Claudio very kindly took some time to have a chat and talked me through how OT is meant to work, and I'll be going back to give it a go sometime soon.  Since he seemed happy to chat, I asked him about the rumour of their closing down, and while it was by no means a conversation that he has asked me to broadcast generally, he was keen to make it clear that they have no immediate plans to close down the shooting ground.  The cemetery plans are there largely as a planB. They lost a court case against some of their neighbours a while ago because of the excessive noise made by the shooting (apparently some of the complaints came from the other side of the A1... just how clay shooting creates more noise than the A1 is beyond me!) and so they are under constant threat of being closed down if someone takes a noise measurement over a certain level and reports them.  The planning permission for a cemetery is "for when that happens".  In the meantime, shooting continues as normal.

I do think some areas of the ground could be tidied up a bit, but going round the dozen or so stands today, we had no no-birds from 200+ clays, which made a change from some other times when I have gone round and have given up on stands because they just couldn't send out a clay.

Latest posts

Back