24g for abt - ut

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Les,

I have some Express High Velocity in 24gm with a plaswad which I would class as the "softest" but I doubt if they are good enough for trap as they don't have a high antimony content.

I find Fiocchi Top One have a little bit more recoil, but I'm going to try some Intercomps in 24gm to see what they are like. When Richard Atkins of Clay Shooting magazine used to do cartridge tests he used to send samples to the proof house to be pressure tested, I found this to be quite reliable in relation to the possible felt recoil when fired.

It's a pity that a certain Mr Brunt does not do the same :(

Hi Les,

I have some Express High Velocity in 24gm with a plaswad which I would class as the "softest" but I doubt if they are good enough for trap as they don't have a high antimony content.

I find Fiocchi Top One have a little bit more recoil, but I'm going to try some Intercomps in 24gm to see what they are like. When Richard Atkins of Clay Shooting magazine used to do cartridge tests he used to send samples to the proof house to be pressure tested, I found this to be quite reliable in relation to the possible felt recoil when fired.

It's a pity that a certain Mr Brunt does not do the same :(
I have never tried the Express HV I must admit, I've used Express Excels for years, for a quick shell they are not too punchy, but they are definately not soft shooting though! As for the Mr Brunt bit, well yes I agree! :(

The Intercomps are not as soft as the Express, but are a nice shell IMO
The only reason that I am having to use Hull is that my local dealer does not sell Express any more. I tried a few Excels, not for me though.

Since we started stocking Fiocci F-Blu in 24 and 28gm at Beverley, I switched to 24 to see what they were like. A really nice quick shell that breaks clays just as well as the 28gm. Just recently however I used 28 on UT with the 32'' Miroku trap gun I bought recently and for some reason I get better scores than the 24gm. If I use my 3200 the opposite applies.

Funny ole game init.

Phil

That is interesting just goes to show how different guns like different shells mine seems to like eley vip 24g the best but over 200 quid per k i dont think so hence my recent move to fiochi

Latest posts

Back