Practise rounds

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpmilo

Hi all, Thinking about a 100 bird practise at a place that uses the pro-matic pay and shoot, My mate said you are charged on shots , not clays. Anybody use this system for practise, it appeals to me because i can go on my own if need be, tia

Hi all, Thinking about a 100 bird practise at a place that uses the pro-matic pay and shoot, My mate said you are charged on shots , not clays. Anybody use this system for practise, it appeals to me because i can go on my own if need be, tia
Ive been to a number of grounds that use the system, some after you register give you a card that activates the system at each stand, the release units themselves are self explanitary, do note where & if you have any no birds, after shooting, back into clubhouse they scan card, do then mention the no birds and hopefully they will deduct & charge you for only the clays presented.

Some grounds ask you to pay up front & pre credit the card, how one goes about the no birds is Id imagine sorted at the desk. 

If you have not used the system before , it’s worth noting if you are shooting on your own  that on the unit that holds your “ card “ will be a button that will set up “ solo shooter delay “ . This will give you an audible beep count down to the clay release after you press the button.  As said  re instructions above , you can toggle through a set of options for  simultaneous or trailing pairs and  choose which bird comes first , or just shoot singles . 

The only other thing of note , is don’t forget to take your card when you leave the stand . It’s not as daft as it sounds , you wouldn’t be the first running around looking for it ... 

Last edited by a moderator:
The only other thing of note , is don’t forget to take your card when you leave the stand . It’s not as daft as it sounds , you wouldn’t be the first running around looking for it ... 
I definitely haven't done that many many times.

I like the grounds that use the system, especially on my grumpy days where I don't want to talk to people. (most of them)

I definitely haven't done that many many times.

I like the grounds that use the system, especially on my grumpy days where I don't want to talk to people. (most of them)
Me neither, and never at the last stand furthest from the club house... I definately don’t do this 8/10 tines...☹️

Latest posts

Back